Skip to main content
Topic: HELP ME! find this part number... (Read 2541 times) previous topic - next topic

HELP ME! find this part number...

Reply #15
Quote from: kitzdnm;165294
lokar has them . It's what I'm using.
http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/tc_kd.htm

I also have the lokar cables, and I'd swear by them. BEST cables ever

This is on a carb, but they should work great for a 5.0

PS this is a mock up pic, a while ago.

Reply #16
I was looking for some tranny linkage bushings today in the big RED HELP/Dorman book at work. They have a plastic piece just like the one you have pictured for a Chevy 350 like siad before. You could order that or go get a 79 Chevy truck detent cable and strip the end off of it.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #17
hrm ok ill go look 2morrow ty for the help/advice

Reply #18
ok screw this stock cable ill just get the normal style cable for the 87's mount it and then drill out the peg in the TB lever and use the bushings i bought before realizing it had this funky cable..will this work....

If the other Help! adapter doesn't work then yes, you can indeed do this. I did that on my old '86 motor, worked like a charm. The '86 cable seems to be the oddball...of course, right?! But even the '87-up cable isn't that easy to find anymore. I bought a brand new one from the Ford dealer about 10 years ago...it was a Mustang part number, newer block style. Don't know if the dealer would still have one. I'm sure some Mustang parts places still have them around in some capacity.

Reply #19
i looked for the Help! thingy all i found was some door lock things i bought those drilled them out but wouldent work so i said screw it...anyone got a part# for the doorman part i need?

Reply #20
They should have a book behind the counter for motormite/dorman products.  Ask to see it.
One 88

Reply #21
I'll get you the part number for the dorman/help  part today. I'll post it up at lunch time.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #22
The number I dug up is 41020 dorman/hlep brand.
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #23
ty ill have my autozone worker friend look it up for me thanks for all the help guys.....if i would have never found this forum id be lost LOL never owned a fox before...owned a ford probe though i loved that car....till i moved and sold it