Skip to main content
Topic: World Ford Challenge (Read 2207 times) previous topic - next topic

World Ford Challenge

Figured I'd go ahead and post this up since it's really not too far away.

World Ford Challenge 9 is this May 18-21 at Gateway International Raceway in Madison, IL (just across the river from St. Louis). If any of you have been here before you know why this will be the 6th time I've gone to WFC. Huge car show, races (Outlaw, Pro 5.0, brackets, etc), giant manufacturers midway, swap meet (although it has sucked the last couple years) and overall just a fun time. I do not believe they have changed the price of admission which is $50 for a weekend pass, and it's around $10-15 to put your car in the show (which is generally much better than trying to find a parking spot every day).

For hotels, most people stay just up the road in Collinsville, IL; however I am not staying there this year because they closed the Motel 6 there and there's nothing left but expensive hotels. Instead I am staying in Maryville just up the highway at the Econo Lodge there. Additionally, there is a Motel 6 in Caseyville which is a few miles out of the way. I would recommend getting your hotel reservations soon if you think you will be going.

Now granted this is an event that is dominated by Mustangs (naturally) but it is still lots of fun to go to and hang out.

The website is http://www.worldfordchallenge.com although it has not been updated yet (probably won't be until February). If anyone has any questions or needs additional details, feel free to PM me and I'll try my best to answer.

Hope to see some of you guys out there :)

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

World Ford Challenge

Reply #1
Are you going to race in True Street?

World Ford Challenge

Reply #2
True street? Uh...no.

For one, my car is definitely not fast enough for that.

Two, it would really suck to break my car almost 600 miles from home.

And three, racing at WFC is expensive. Even Bracket 3 (the slowest class) costs around $100 to enter.

I just go to spectate, not race :)

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

World Ford Challenge

Reply #3
Ouch! That's a lot more than FFW!

World Ford Challenge

Reply #4
I may show up.  but dont count on it have alot of work to do before that long of a trip.  we'll see though ;)

World Ford Challenge

Reply #5
I got lotsa work to do too...but I hope to bust my butt and get it all done :)

Garrett H.
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

World Ford Challenge

Reply #6
Little bump for this since it's getting closer...

Garrett H.
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip