Skip to main content
Topic: Driver's Side Headlight Assembly for 87-88 Tbird (Read 1317 times) previous topic - next topic

Driver's Side Headlight Assembly for 87-88 Tbird

Heya guys I'm in the market for a drivers headlight hopefully with the black plastic mounting bracket included. The 7 inch diameter headlight that I quickly rigged up with all thread seems to make the car into rolling probable cause and I'd like very much to stop getting pulled over. Send me a pm or reply with what you have.

Thanks very much.
1987 Tbird 5.0 swap, go fast mods coming soon....

Reply #1
I think I have one in the garage, I'll check and get pictures for you this weekend.

Reply #2
That would be great!

Reply #3
bump

Reply #4
rolling probable cause

I laughed.

There's a few full sets on ebay right now.....they aren't cheap though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1988-87-88-Ford-Thunderbird-Turbo-Coupe-Headlights-PAIR-OEM-2-3L-T-Bird-LX-/181378411327?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1987|Model%3AThunderbird&hash=item2a3afeeb3f&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1988-87-88-Ford-Thunderbird-Turbo-Coupe-Headlights-PAIR-OEM-2-3L-T-Bird-LX-/171294668222?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1987|Model%3AThunderbird&hash=item27e1f535be&vxp=mtr

It's the same person selling both sets.  I've dealt with him in the past.  He's in California.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #5
Yeah, I just can't justify spending upwards of 200 for a set of headlights that are useless when other cars are present. They're also TC headlights and I have lx trim, so I don't think that they will work (unless that's more of a matter with the parking lights).

Ultimately I'll be putting in a pair of round headlights on both passenger and drivers side, but I can't disassemble the front end at this point in time to do the requisite fabrication to make that work. Nor can I afford the 900 dollar full fiberglass front end for my car which would solve so many woes.

If anyone has a fogged up headlight, or just the an intact piece of the black plastic trim that mounts behind it that will do it for now. I just don't want to spend hundreds on headlights that I can't see with...

Reply #6
Headlamps are the same.  Header panel and lower front bumper are different.

Shoot him an e-mail.  He actually takes requests.  He's got a few yards by him and takes routine trips out to Vegas too.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #7
Quote from: T-BirdX3;381635
Pictures!

So have both lights are working and bolted in, took it for a test drive! [Big Grin] Decided to snap some pictures of my retrofited TC lights next to the TC with OEM lights.

OEM lights low beam.

OEM lights high beam.

Retrofitted low beam TC right beside the above car.

Retrofitted high beam.

Some other low beam shots.

High beam head on.

High beam from the side.

...and there was light!

Reply #9
Yeah I saw that thread, but my question is how do you aim them? Also if you've got the square hid conversion headlamp posted on the first picture in that link you posted I'd be more than happy to liberate it from your spare parts pile.

Reply #10
You use the factory adjusters to aim them.
...and there was light!

Reply #11
You use the factory adjusters to aim them.

See that's what's broken on the current headlight I have, so your setup does me no good.

Reply #12
I have one that has a good clear lens, but the silver on the inside needs to be redone. I'll sell it shipped for $50.

Reply #13
Quote from: 50RACER;432361
I have one that has a good clear lens, but the silver on the inside needs to be redone. I'll sell it shipped for $50.

Shoot me a picture would you? The biggest thing for me is having the adjuster mechanism intact.