Skip to main content
Topic: ......and then there were two!!! (Read 1869 times) previous topic - next topic

......and then there were two!!!

Reply #15
So heres a quick update....

Been driving the TC daily now for about a week now and no major issues...until yesterday morning. Running down the highway I started to smell coolant...not good....but at least I was only about a mile and a half from work. Once in the parking lot, I popped the hood and all I saw was steam from the passenger side. The small connector hose under the turbo between the steel lines sprung a leak....oh yay!!

After it cooled down and I could get underneath it, I found that someone had, at some point and time, put a new hose on it...apparently with the manifold off the car because there was NO way unscrew the clamps off in a normal manner. (clamps were 180-degrees off from normal access) Thankfully I work at a machine shop and had access to some really handy tools!! After a struggle...some profound words......alot of sweat....and coolant up to my armpit, I got it repaired!! The whole time I kept thinking: "A 5.0 wouldn't have THIS issue!!!" LOL

I need to refrain from thinking of a 5.0 conversion on this car...it's supposed to be my DD/gas mileage ride!!! Oh well, so far so good with my quick repair!!

Later, RAY
My toys:
Two 84 Turbo Coupes-twins
Two 86 Mercury Capri's-one's stock, one's NOT
93 Mustang LX 5.0-3,980 miles, 100% factory
55 Ford Customline-I6 powerhouse, waiting on a plan
95 F350 Dually-KILLER, don't ask why
94 Bronco XLT-going to be a lowered 2 wheel drive

......and then there were two!!!

Reply #16
Silver could you post more pics of the bird with the cobra wheels please