Skip to main content
Topic: Tbird replacement... (Read 3003 times) previous topic - next topic

Tbird replacement...

I still miss my 'bird after selling it to Nate. I hope he finishes it and enjoys it. I have not been without a 'bird in the garage since 93!

I ended up selling my Saleen too and bought the car below. So far(3 days) it has been great!

Tbird replacement...

Reply #1
I hope you find a new fox 'bird to play with someday.  Until then that new ride will have just have to do. ;)

Very nice!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Tbird replacement...

Reply #2
Very nice. :) I love the wheels and the colour scheme. What all is done to it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

Tbird replacement...

Reply #3
WOW! can i come down and take it for a test drive? :grin:
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Tbird replacement...

Reply #5
Oh yeah, you gonna look for another 'bird?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

Tbird replacement...

Reply #6
Since I don't know anything about Mustangs.... at least the ones past the 60s... What year, and what does it have in it? (and all that good stuff). lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Tbird replacement...

Reply #7
I see something that doesn't look stock behind that bumper-underhood pics are required sir:D

Tbird replacement...

Reply #8
Thanks everone...somehow my reply emails were turned off, so I will try to answer them all.

Quote from: 50tbrd88;323317
I hope you find a new fox 'bird to play with someday.  Until then that new ride will have just have to do. ;)

Very nice!

Thanks!

Quote from: fluke;323318
Very nice. :) I love the wheels and the colour scheme. What all is done to it?

It has a few suspension and motor mods  :burnout:

Quote from: Cougar8775;323324
WOW! can i come down and take it for a test drive? :grin:

Tioga is a little far for a test drive...we used to have a place in Potter

Quote from: 88turbo;323328
HOLY !!!  thats a nice stang :D

Thanks!

Quote from: fluke;323331
Oh yeah, you gonna look for another 'bird?

I think the one I just sold would have been the one to keep....no rust, 8pt bar, 5lug, tubular suspension  :punchballs:

Quote from: daminc;323375
Since I don't know anything about Mustangs.... at least the ones past the 60s... What year, and what does it have in it? (and all that good stuff). lol

07, 4.6l 3v, 5speed, 11k miles...some other goodies

Quote from: kendoo130;323380
I see something that doesn't look stock behind that bumper-underhood pics are required sir:D

I knew I should have painted that trans cooler black....lol. Not a whole lot too see...just some extra tubing :D

Tbird replacement...

Reply #9
Came across this old post, figured I would add some new pics. Underhood pics coming....

Tbird replacement...

Reply #11
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;329481
Nice! Very nice!!

Thanks. I have plans for some underhood dressup over the winter.

Tbird replacement...

Reply #12
Oh, yeah, some "other goodies" huh? Just the BIGGEST "compressor" you could find! P.S. Your "Trans Cooler" looks like overkill....  :D  :D
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Tbird replacement...

Reply #13
That's one of the most gorgeous stangs I've ever seen.....
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Tbird replacement...

Reply #14
It doesn't look bad the way it is but there's so much out there for those cars it hard to leave them alone! I had a chance to buy an 04 Mach One this spring with under 13k miles for an extreemly good price but I don't have the funds for another toy at the moment. And I guarentee you I'd have a hard time leaving it alone if I would've got it.