Skip to main content
Topic: 25 yrs old this Month (Read 2000 times) previous topic - next topic

25 yrs old this Month

In March of 1985 our Cougar LS was built and now with just over 43,000 miles on her we say Happy 25th Anniversary Month. :cougarsmily: :oldcougar: :america:

[SIZE="6"]4 eyes rule[/SIZE]

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #2
Happy birthday Cougar!
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #3
Cant WAIT til mine's 25...hellooooo cheap-ass classic insurance!

Happy birthday Dan's cat! :D
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #4
Quote from: ZondaC12;312200
Cant WAIT til mine's 25...hellooooo cheap-ass classic insurance!

Happy birthday Dan's cat! :D

Plus you get antique vehicle plates:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #5
Quote from: thunderjet302;312202
Plus you get antique vehicle plates:D

...And in NY you become emissions exempt.  $10 inspections as opposed to $37.....

Congrats, Dan.  Mine turns 23 on St. Patrick's day.  Yes -- the build sheet stated 3/17/1987......

I shudder to think if it were the day AFTER.....:rollin:

FWIW my Mustang was built on 2/14/2005...... No joke.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #6
In Illinois any vehicle built prior to 1996 (1995 and down, so pre OBD II) is not subject to an emissions test. It's been that way since 2005. Illinois did it because they didn't want to maintain the dyno's to check pre 1996 cars emissions.

What is this vehicle inspection you speak of?;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #7
Wish NY had the mindset to realize that the machines for the pre-'96 cars are not cost effective.  Inspection stations are privately owned out here.  The machines themselves are under contract to a private vendor of the state's choosing.......The government washes it's hands of it (although I wonder how much grease it takes to get/keep that private vendor contract as it's changed hands a few times.....)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #8
V8, would you happen to know about this?....

Regarding thunderjet's comment about the historical plates. Definitely cool, I have 'em on the '38. But even cooler of course is year-of-manufacture plates. I have a set or two of the old "liberty plates" used from like 1985 to 2002 or something (for the record they were AWESOME our current plates are lame :punchballs:) and I wonder if once it can be registered as a classic, if I could use those as "year of manufacture" plates. Though they were used for many years I wonder if that aspect of MV registration still applies? That would be siiiiiiick.

And yea the stupid chassis dynos for you downstaters are a terrible idea to keep going. I get the feeling pretty much any shop around here wont even look to see if you have cats if you're pre-OBDII unless they're friggin boy-scouts about it LOL.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #9
Thank You all for your very kind words....plus this is why our :bowdown: Forum rocks :headbang:

[SIZE="1"]Dan & Paula [/SIZE] ;)

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #10
Quote from: ZondaC12;312212
V8, would you happen to know about this?....

Regarding thunderjet's comment about the historical plates. Definitely cool, I have 'em on the '38. But even cooler of course is year-of-manufacture plates. I have a set or two of the old "liberty plates" used from like 1985 to 2002 or something (for the record they were AWESOME our current plates are lame :punchballs:) and I wonder if once it can be registered as a classic, if I could use those as "year of manufacture" plates. Though they were used for many years I wonder if that aspect of MV registration still applies? That would be siiiiiiick.

And yea the stupid chassis dynos for you downstaters are a terrible idea to keep going. I get the feeling pretty much any shop around here wont even look to see if you have cats if you're pre-OBDII unless they're friggin boy-scouts about it LOL.

Historical plates are the plates that were issued and on the car when it was built.. I'm looking for my old set of gold and blue plates to put on the vert. It's also 25 this year.
I still have the original liberty plates that were on my 87. just have to wait 2 more years to put them back on again. they have all the info you need at the NY DMV on line
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #11
Happy Birthday.I know what the Cougar wants for a gift.....new wheels !!!! Spokes for the shows,new ones for riding around.....c'mon....do it !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #12
Happy Birthday to that black cat :D
Fox-less at the moment

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #13
Quote from: vinnietbird;312218
Happy Birthday.I know what the Cougar wants for a gift.....new wheels !!!! Spokes for the shows,new ones for riding around.....c'mon....do it !!!!
Thanks V-man , Remember it's a Classic now and it's staying that way. :rollin:

25 yrs old this Month

Reply #14
Quote from: daminc;312214
Historical plates are the plates that were issued and on the car when it was built.. I'm looking for my old set of gold and blue plates to put on the vert. It's also 25 this year.
I still have the original liberty plates that were on my 87. just have to wait 2 more years to put them back on again. they have all the info you need at the NY DMV on line

It would be legit huh? I cant WAIT :D Oh man...that literally made my day. Just to know I'll be able to be rockin' those plates. Talk about an eye catcher!