Skip to main content
Topic: She said yes!!! (Read 1720 times) previous topic - next topic

She said yes!!!

It's official!! I popped the question while decorating the tree this evening! I've been planning this since last year when we put up the tree. I wanted to hand her some ornaments then while she's not paying attn. hand her the ring box instead. Well it didn't quite go down like that but it's just as good! This is her first Christmas living here so she was going through some ornaments she brought from her old home and I went and nelt down beside her and told her to check out this box and I'll look at hers, and I handed her the closed box. She at first just thought it was a just a normal piece of jewelery until she opened it and I asked, she started crying and said yes!! My family was here and my daughter Ashley was too, I wanted her kids to be here but it didn't work out. It was great! she didn't have a clue! I couldn't be happier and she feels the same!

I know it's not car related but I just had to share! Especially since I've wrote to quite a few of you and have met some of you as well. Thanks for reading! Now to copy and paste this elsewhere!

She said yes!!!

Reply #1
BIG CONGRATS man!  I remember when I proposed, I had it all planned out in my head but it didn't go down like that at all!  Its pretty nerve racking when it gets down to the wire! 

This should make it a special christmas for you guys.  Good luck!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

She said yes!!!

Reply #2
[SIZE="7"]Congrats......[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

She said yes!!!

Reply #4
Hey, Merry Christmas to you guys :D

And..congrats as well!
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

She said yes!!!

Reply #6
Congratulations!!!
1985 T'Bird 5.0
1987 Cougar 3.8
1992 T'bird Sport 5.0 HO

She said yes!!!

Reply #7
Congrats!!!! thats a great gift to give and receive.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

She said yes!!!

Reply #8
CONGRATS!!! good luck, and merry christmas:D:D

She said yes!!!

Reply #9
Congrats and have a Merry Christmas.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

She said yes!!!

Reply #11
Quote from: daminc;302298
[SIZE="7"]Congrats......[/SIZE]

yes, congrats indeed man, very cool story.

She said yes!!!

Reply #12
A big congradulations man and best of luck.

She said yes!!!

Reply #13
Congrats!!!

Old farts like me always like to give advice, so here's mine; relationships and marriages are a lot like cars, they need maintenance and on occasion, repair. Never be afraid or unwilling to spend the time and/or money necessary to maintain and repair your marriage. Do so, and it should last you the rest of your lives!

Again, congrats to you and your bride to be!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

She said yes!!!

Reply #14
Quote from: ProTouring442;302385
Congrats!!!

Old farts like me always like to give advice, so here's mine; relationships and marriages are a lot like cars, they need maintenance and on occasion, repair. Never be afraid or unwilling to spend the time and/or money necessary to maintain and repair your marriage. Do so, and it should last you the rest of your lives!

Again, congrats to you and your bride to be!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

:cheers: :iagree:

John

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]