Skip to main content
Topic: My '85 Turbo Coupe 5.0 (Read 4169 times) previous topic - next topic

My '85 Turbo Coupe 5.0

Reply #30
Nice!!!!

My engine looked that good about a dozen & a half years ago... I pulled it and did a complete detail of engine and compartment... Now needs to be redone...

My '85 Turbo Coupe 5.0

Reply #31
Quote from: mcford;291907
BEFORE

AFTER

What no 429CJ ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

My '85 Turbo Coupe 5.0

Reply #32
NOPE!  Clevelands ROCK!  :bowdown::burnout:

My '85 Turbo Coupe 5.0

Reply #33

My '85 Turbo Coupe 5.0

Reply #34
Quote from: mcford;292079
NOPE!  Clevelands ROCK!  :bowdown::burnout:

Quote from: mcford;292080

I know they do but I've just always wanted a 70 or 71 Torino Cobra with a 429SCJ and a 4 speed  in calypso coral ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

My '85 Turbo Coupe 5.0

Reply #35
Hey Mike, you didn't tell me you were a Torino guy. Next time mention that up front and you'll get a Double T (Torino/Turbo Coupe) discount. lol. I picked up my wife for our first date in this one back in 1978. Still have the Cobra Jet and still have the wife. lol. Mike.

1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

My '85 Turbo Coupe 5.0

Reply #36
i like the original wheels but dig those slots too!
funny, jon is who i almost traded cars with!  that was at the 2004 FCA nats in dearborn.  I made the mistake of sitting in that car and starting it up.  made a quick exit because i KNEW i would have done the trade!!  His wife hated that cobra.

My '85 Turbo Coupe 5.0

Reply #38
Thanks!  the 72's are my true love!  especially my maroon one.  i miss that car.....

My '85 Turbo Coupe 5.0

Reply #39
That's why I'll never sell my Bird. I already know I'd kick myself if I ever did. Plus I promised my daughter It'll be her inherritence. I have to at least leave her something!! LOL!!

My '85 Turbo Coupe 5.0

Reply #40
Little bit of an update on the 85.  Got some info from the previous owner.  His dad is the oen who did the 5.0 swap.  Apparently it was a summer only car, stored winters.  This is the big one for the zero rust thing.  It also leads me to believe the mileage on this car actually is very low.  Judging by the 25,000 mile motorcraft oil change sticker in the drivers door, zero wear on the pedals, very minimal wear of the piping on the seats, pull strap trim pieces are like new, etc.  Anyways, the car had an engine fire. This is the reason for the complete harness swap (along with full digital dash) along with the v8, replacement front bumper cover, drivers side fender and the 87/88 T/C hood.  I still want to get a carfax report on it but this bit of info helps to answer a bunch of questions.  O still would like to go back and try and figure out why the DSO is transportation services.
Mike