Skip to main content
Topic: Most recent pics (Read 2668 times) previous topic - next topic

Most recent pics

Reply #15
Quote from: thunderjet302;238921
I'm pretty sure front springs will require an alignment ;)

Looks great:D . I know I could use TC springs in the front on mine but I wonder how the Mach 1 rears would hold up to the extra weight of the 87-88s rear end.

Cougar 5.0 did a write up concerning Mach1 springs...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Most recent pics

Reply #16
Sorry I'm bad thinken nitro
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Most recent pics

Reply #17
Quote from: V8Demon;238947

A nice one at that, he also just blown up!
Must of had to much turbs.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Most recent pics

Reply #18
the mach ones dropped my car too far.... the rear is a wee bit to havy for them to look right

Most recent pics

Reply #19
Quote from: vinnietbird;238806
Looks awesome.THAT is how I want mine to sit.Did you have to get an alignment/That's what's holding me back from springs,I just had my alignment done,and don't want to pay for it again.LOL.

Oh yeah, I got an alignment. I replaced everything in the suspension. Tokico Illumina shocks/struts, Urethane bushings, ball joints, new TC steering rack, TC spindles/brakes, MM C/C plates and the TC springs.

The rear has CHE adjustable lower control arms and fixed uppers with the Mach 1 springs. It sat higher than stock in the rear with the stock springs and new arms. With the Mach 1's, the pad on the arms is adjusted around 3/4 of the way up.

I didn't measure the height of the car before I did all the suspension mods so I don't know for sure exactly how much it's dropped. I do know that if I hit a big enough bump the 255/40R17's on 9" wide wheelshiznit my front fender lips.
GT40p 5.0 w/ vortech @ 9.5psi, 400rwhp

Most recent pics

Reply #20
Quote from: V8Demon;238947

I'll be using the search function. Thanks :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Most recent pics

Reply #21
Quote from: rsears;238918
What was the issue with the PA alternator, any resolution from them?

The bearing was bad I believe. Not sure why it blew the 200A fuse on the new charge cable, though. I think a new one is on the way now. Hopefully be back on the road this weekend.

Quote from: TommyT;238923
What brand of body kit components are installed on that car?  It looks very nice.  Great work.

Tommy

I don't know alot about the body kit, I couldn't tell you. It's been on the car since I bought it ten years ago.

Most recent pics

Reply #22
Well the alternator came back yesterday. The invoice from PA said that an insulator was compromised. Took the car out after getting it all back together and it was running great. I found a 5.0 Mustang when I was driving around and caught a few lights with him. It was a very clean 87-93 black convertible lowered with black cobra R's and 3" dual exhaust. I don't know anything else about it other than it was a manual trans and it was consistently slower than my car. At the first light when he lit up the tires really bad, I pulled so far ahead I couldn't even guess how many cars I pulled on him. The one good race we had I had a good 3-4 cars on him by 80mph.

Most recent pics

Reply #23
Sweetness indeed. The chrome trim on black really set off the "Classy" feel of the scheme. The wheels and GFX kit still says agressive. I like it.