Skip to main content
Topic: 408 stroker project (Sold 4/2020) (Read 109346 times) previous topic - next topic

408 stroker project (For Sale 5/2018)

Reply #15
Just waiting on the rods they had to be shipped separately from the crank and other parts. I'm dropping everything off at the machine shop Monday. I'll bring them guys some Donuts to get the in the mood for me to take some pics in the machine shop. Here's my parts pile which keep growing weekly :)

pics show my 11" brake upgrade parts, and bottom end of the 408. The stroker kit is a forged eagle kit from adperformance, w/ 22 cc probe pistons. Compression will be ~10.3-1. Hopefully I'll have more pics Monday

**edit**

Last pic shows my cam card :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #16
sweet!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #17
thats bad ass!

Reply #18
Thanks guys, its moving along. I dropped off all the engine parts to my machine guy and picked up the Edelbrocks yesterday. Still waiting on my balancer, rods, and lifters. He did a great job rebuilding the trickflow heads they look brand spanking new!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #19
any updates? Im curious to how much power your gonna get out of this motor, since its close to what I want to run in my stang!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #20
The rods are holding me up, all the parts came in and I dropped everything off to the machine shop. Just need these effin rods. I have to call adperformance tomorrow. I hope they shipped by now.

I really don't want to get into the whole guessing game with hp claims. When its running right I will take it to the track and start working on getting the power to the tires. I need better tires, more gear, and practice before the numbers I want to see will come.

I did ask Jay Allen how much power he would guess. He wouldn't really get into giving a number. He did say, " you will have 10 second power and what you do with it is up to you" So I don't know can I hook up and launch it hard enough to get the most out of it. There is a guy on the corral that runs a 408 w/ stock tw heads, small cam, and runs 10.30's so I guess it is possible for me to run in the 10's in the cougar with my 408 and ported tw heads.

All of my cash went into building the 408 shortblock, it is my base or foundation. Down the road I do plan on better heads,more injector, maybe a 200 shot of nitrous. These are all possibilities that I discussed with my cam guy and my cam that I have now will always welcome more airflow. So my wallet is the limit :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #21
Wow, that car has a lot of red. The dash trim and steering wheel kinda stick out though in an interior with that much red.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #22
Nice!!
does the car have a 8.8 in it already?
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #23
Quote from: bhazard;219631
Wow, that car has a lot of red. The dash trim and steering wheel kinda stick out though in an interior with that much red.

Hopefully next year it black :)

Quote from: daboss351;219634
Nice!!
does the car have a 8.8 in it already?

Yeah 8.8 with 3.08's. I'll either have gears installed or go with a tc 373 rear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #24
i got a 8.8 in my tc in kitzmiller md
it was a standard though so i think its a 3.55
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #25
Finally an update:

All my parts are in. The machine shop has everything as of today :). He said about 2 weeks. So maybe July 4th weekend I'll have it in and running. We'll see.

I picked up a 8.8 3.27 rear to hold me off till something better comes along. Should be better than the 3.08's it has now.

So lots of work should get done Sunday/Monday. I got this rear and rear suspension I'm going to try and get done Sunday, and Monday or the following weekend. I hear it going to be hot as hell this weekend so I might only get the rear done.

I might drop my gas tank and drain it. Not sure if I need to or not. I might just run the pump till its dry. I'll use that 3 year old gas in the lawn mower.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #26
Nice!!! cant wait to get enought money to get my new motor built!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #27
Well I'm back, I had some setbacks with parts and getting wrong parts. All of that is in the past. The shortblock should be done this week so its almost time.

Here's some of the stuff I did the last couple of days to get back into the swing of things.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #28
couple more. I should have some pics of the engine soon... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else happens :burnout:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #29
Bob, 

Glad to hear you are back on track!  I can relate to the Pain and Frustration of getting a project together.

The accessories look great and I like that bell housing. 

Which trans is it?