Skip to main content
Topic: I can see clearly now, the rain has gone... (Headlight Install) (Read 4955 times) previous topic - next topic

I can see clearly now, the rain has gone... (Headlight Install)

Reply #15
For those adjusters check your local parts store HELP section! I got some for my 94 cougar but I'm sure they make them for the foxes too. I'll see If I can get a part number.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #16
mjbtbrd gave the HELP! part #s in the 2nd post. I just try and buy Motorcraft parts if at all possible.

I'll pick up the remaining two adjusters from Advance.

Reply #17
Shortly after the install I noticed my left headlight was dimming. Lo and behold, the sumbitch was leaking and fogging inside. Eventually over 1" of standing water acspoogeulated. Glad I bought new. :mad:

I removed the offending piece and tried to find where it was leaking.
Filling it with water didn't do it.
Sealing the bulb and putting it underwater didn't do it.
My dad pressuring the assembly by blowing in it worked. :confused:

So I went to the local part store and bought some sealant. It seemed to work until last Friday, when I noticed more condensation on the lens. :mad: :mad: Oh well. The original leakage caused damage to the internal finish so I'm just going to buy another assembly. I haven't pinpointed the new leak location, but I'll update when I find it.

Also, you don't want to buy 2 long and 1 short adjuster. You want to be 3 long adjusters. The short adjuster doesn't have a hex head - thus you cannot adjust the assembly correctly.

Reply #18
another great thread.  Did you find the outters as well?

Reply #19
For leaking assembly's I've used the RTV, BUT also wrapped with Teflon tape before it set up... Never had one leak again...

Reply #20
I'm glad I don't drive the car in the rain - that would infuriate me :beatyoass:

I do like my new headlights a lot though! I had some assemblies from the junk-yard lying around so I was able to se together enough adjusters to make do. I used a razor to slice off the ramp that makes removing the adjusters difficult without damaging them (the anti-reverse tab). I sprayed them with penetrating oil and they work almost as good as new!

Quote from: 88turbo;181689
I think you got jipped alittle on those,  you can get a pair on ebay for about $130

Not to be a nitpicker, but the term is "gypped" - derived from the Gypsies. It's similar to "Ive been Jewed" - based on old derogatory stereotypes.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.