Skip to main content
Topic: GM recalls (Read 2267 times) previous topic - next topic

GM recalls

GM recalling how many cars due to what?  oil could drip on the exhaust and cause a fire?

GM recalls

Reply #1
The 3.8/ 3800. mostly grand prix, bonnies, impalla etc. thought thought they did it 2 years ago.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

GM recalls

Reply #2
Yeah, and the only thing it does is fix a wire loom and gaskets I guess.

Just got myself a GTP so I gotta take it in. ;)

GM recalls

Reply #3
Yeah. This must be the first engine every designed that can leak oil on the exhaust (under hard braking), the way people are running with this. Also keep in mind that there hasn't been a single case of fire due to this. The NHTSA said "That could start a small fire that could spread to a plastic spark plug wire channel and beyond, increasing the risk of an engine compartment fire, NHTSA said."

Not that it has happened, but it COULD! This is the NHTSA trying its edest to convince people they're still relevant, and GM, just like everyone else, doesn't mess around with issuing recalls anymore.

GM recalls

Reply #4
I have yet to see a 3.8 that didn't leak oil ,or antifreeze or both ,and I have never seen any catch fire . I take that back i have seen a 3.8 not leaking ,it was on the showroom floor.

GM recalls

Reply #5
i think it may be a good avenue for gm to cash in on the cash for clunkers...maybe???