Skip to main content
Topic: 86 Cougar Part-Out in Oregon (Read 1398 times) previous topic - next topic

86 Cougar Part-Out in Oregon

[SIZE="6"]Deadline for parts request is Sept 30th[/SIZE]

Alright.  I am deciding to part with my cougars and all my cougar parts stash.  Impending lay off coming soon and just need to get some money and instead of just sping this car out, I would like to offer the members here a chance to get any parts they may need (including repair panels)

So the vehicle is an 86 Cougar with 302/Aod  I have not decided if I will part with the motor.
the trans works good and also has a 7.5" 3.27 traction lok differential with 10" brakes (could use new hardware and drums)

Pictures of the car are here
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p498/the_intimidator03/Cougar%20Part%20Out/

I also have other random goodies and other things to unearth from my shop.

I am very reasonable on prices.  I will list a few up. Along with some parts that I have somewhere.

All prices are OBO and Plus Shipping

Manual seat racks (1 driver side and 2 passenger available) $20  *Drivers Side spoken for*
15:1 Steering rack (needs cleaned up, Never got around to installing) $20
Front and Rear Turbocoupe Swaybars $30 for the set or $20 each
Turbocoupe hood (rust on front lip as can be seen in pictures)  $30 
85-86 Cougar Taillights (1 Driver side 2 Passenger decent to ok shape) $10 each. 
Factory Mustang shorty headers  *sold*

Feel free to ask if I have any other parts.  I will check this daily and respond as soon as I can

I do have several Base instrument clusters and gear indicator rings with cable that can be bought whole or pieces.

All parts are located in Winchester, Oregon 97495 and can be shipped by Fedex, UPS, Postal

Some new found parts****
blue visors from 86 cougar
pair of power mirrors 83-86
pair of power mirrors 87-88
Coolant reservoir/bracket from 88 v6 car (i think)
Premium Sound AM/FM stereo (worked when pulled)

Also if people need "patch" panels cut please let me know as they can be cut to size for you folks

Reply #1
How much for the headers shipped?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
I'm not registered... can't see anything
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3
Daminc you should be able to view pictures now with the photobucket link.
Vinnietbird I will have a quote for you this afternoon.  The headers have 3 studs on them total (not sure if its suppose to have 4, just thought i would let you know) I will also get you a picture of them as well.

Reply #4
manual driver side seat track? Dibbs.

what would shipping to 46818 be?

Reply #5
i need the metal or plastic shield above the cowl where the wipers park if yours is in good shape and are you lower plastic seat belt sleeves, the ones by the door sills intact?  thanks, David

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #6
Ill get you a picture of the windshield peice and im plagued by the same issues most people are... oh wait by the door itself.. Ill take some pics of that as well.  Ill get em up tomorrow after work.

87thunderbirdblackjack  Ill get a shippin quote in the next day or so.  I usually get off around 4 so its a rush getting to post office.

Reply #7
Quote from: the_intimidator03;398388
Ill get you a picture of the windshield peice and im plagued by the same issues most people are... oh wait by the door itself.. Ill take some pics of that as well.  Ill get em up tomorrow after work.

87thunderbirdblackjack  Ill get a shippin quote in the next day or so.  I usually get off around 4 so its a rush getting to post office.

thanks!

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #8
No big deal bud. I work 3rds so in know the rusharound quite well. Thanks for getting back with me.

Reply #9
ooh, what condition is the stereo trim in?  I've been looking for woodgrain trim for ages!  also, the little coin tray thats in place of the floor shifter, are the mounting tabs intact?  mine are all broken off.
1988 Cougar LS - Cinnabar/Rose Quartz Metallic two tone - 3.8 V6 - Rescue
1988 Cougar LS - Cinnabar/Rose Quartz Metallic two tone - 5.0 V8 - Survivor

Reply #10
the current one picture in the car along with all center console components are spoken for but I am heading to the shop and I do know I have at least another woodgrain trim and another "coin tray" that I can get pictures for you.. its not as nice tho

Reply #11
okay, just send me some pics if you could, see if they're in nicer shape than mine

Reply #12
Bump.  Deadline for parts request is added and also found a Premium Sound AM/FM stereo that worked when pulled.

Driverguy There is another coin tray I found and pictures are in the same link

Reply #13
Figure one last bump before the car gets loaded up

Reply #14
any chance i could get the 4 bolts that hold on the front control arms?  mine are seized on...probably going to have to cut them off.  I have an 88, but are the bolts the same length?