Skip to main content
Topic: 2011 Junkyard finds (Read 15966 times) previous topic - next topic

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #15
The 4 eyed TC had one Marchall left too.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #16
You should grab all of those lights.

If I was a lot closer,I'd take you up on that deal of staying at your place. I'd love to hit the yards for a couple of days.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #17
Please.............make the carnage stop!    That is a huge amount of cars.
Mike

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #18
I will try to get back there and pick up some stuff next week.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #20
Quote from: SirChirpAlot;348965
Most of the T birds and Cougars i see in the yards here are rotted to nothing or squished from unnatural causes.

Example:

One of the only 2 foxes in any of my 5 local yards:

that one shot was supposed to be of all the trash in the trunk but I guess I missed...
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #21
Wow. How big is that couch?? :hick:  Now we know where all of the good parts cars are!  Looks like they are sitting on concrete too? That's just too good to be true.

Let us know if you get back there, I'm sure you could go with a list of things to check out.

Thanks (I guess :D) for the pictures.
tbirdregistry.com

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #22
I will probably be going back soon to pick up one of the 8.8s for a buddies Mustang.  I will also be picking up some of the good stuff seen in the pics.

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #23
can you get all the chrome fender trim from one of those cats? {preferably the black one if its all in better shape}. Oh and while you're at it if you come across a 85-88 car with a console and its got a switch plate with just power mirrors and power windows, I'll take that too.

hey btw you guys should grab up those license plate brackets. They seem to be hard to find. People need them on here from time to time.

geez you know now that I think about it... my wife's grandparents live up in Henderson. I might just have to take a weekend up there and come rape your yard for parts.:D
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #24
Wowsers! Good stuff over there, Sad though.
Don't forget the TC Hood Scoops (on the roof) and the Horn Button.

And could you see if any of them have a NON-OD Auto Floor Shifter Please?
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #25
Heck, maybe I should just drive my truck down there! I'll probably end up leaving my backseat out though, just in case I find something I gotta have.

(Trip to Vegas scheduled for March)
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #26
Right now i cant even find a Cougar or T Bird in a bone yard in my area.

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #28
I need to take a ride to my local jy to see what they got now. The last time I was there which was a couple months ago they had crushed most of the fox Birds they had including an 87-88 Cougar I'd been getting parts from. It's shame because there was a ton of good parts left on these cars. They did get an 87 Bird in and I was the first to get to it, even the yard workers didn't have a chance to do thier thing. I got a nice set of taillights and some other parts from it. I also got a like new Kenwood cd head unit for my Bird, I even found the warrenty papers in the trunk.

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #29
the junk yards around my place crush anything older than 95 after pulling the common wear parts.  so no parts for my cat from around here
87 cougar 3.8
99 jimmy