Skip to main content
Topic: X-mas in JUNE!! (Read 1367 times) previous topic - next topic

X-mas in JUNE!!

:rollin:Looks like a got a new job that pays pretty well. Because of this, I will be putting in my new "battery" in my '88 Sport T-Bird "THOR".

Quick story: I got hit on my motorcycle by a drunk driver that ran a red light. I represented myself, won the case and a settlement. Then I bought this new "battery"! ( knees still hurt, but as long as my gas pedal foot is alright ) :D

You got it! Ford "392" Crate motor!!!!
Ride the Thunder & Feel the Power

X-mas in JUNE!!

Reply #1
Sorry to hear about your accident! Trust me I know exactly how you feel because im in the same boat right now. Glad to see you got what you wanted!
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe
1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe
And a purple mini van! :burnout:

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

X-mas in JUNE!!

Reply #2
Oh man, that is pretty!! If I got something like that, I would have a hard time installing it. I'd want to put it in my living room and just stare at it all day long. Congrats!!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

X-mas in JUNE!!

Reply #4
Wow that's wearing a bunch of the old Motorsport stuff, is that a NOS motor or something?
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

X-mas in JUNE!!

Reply #5
Yes! I bought this crate engine brand new from Ford after I won my settlement around '07 - '08, but had not installed it yet! I'm looking at the Tremec T56 for the tranny.

X-mas in JUNE!!

Reply #6
do you have to drill for the breather caps?  I guess I am not seeing where they are supposed to go.

X-mas in JUNE!!

Reply #7
Yes you have to drill. btw...I found out through thorough research, I can buy a set of AFR 185cc heads and mill them from 58cc to 54cc and gain an instant 75HP!!! (it's in MM & FF Nov 2000 issue page 180) numbers tested were 537HP @ 5900 rpm ; 505lbs-ft @ 4900 rpm torque.

X-mas in JUNE!!

Reply #8
Is it a 351 based block? If it is I think you would be much happier with a set of trick flows.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

X-mas in JUNE!!

Reply #9
It is based off the 351W. I want to get the upper and lower intake from Trickflow.

X-mas in JUNE!!

Reply #10
I hear 392 strokers are screamers. You'll have fun with that for sure.

X-mas in JUNE!!

Reply #11
Roller cam?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

X-mas in JUNE!!

Reply #12
It's a hydraulic roller cam by Comp Cams. It's a custom version in its Xtreme Energy series.

X-mas in JUNE!!

Reply #13
*faps*
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily: