Skip to main content
Topic: Tail light socket info needed..... (Read 8391 times) previous topic - next topic

Tail light socket info needed.....

Reply #30
How ya doin' Vinnie?

Ask any specific question you have and I'll keep going until you are comfortable.

Reply #31
I think the sight of the wiring diagrams might have caused Vinnie to pass out ! J/K

Reply #32
This stuff is fun for me.

Reply #33
Please do not post electrical diagrams for me. I do not read them. My mind will not comprehend them.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #34
Vinnie, there's a step by step in post 26.

Reply #35
There's just two wires from the front of the car you are dealing with on each side. LG/O  and O/LB for turn/stop and Brown for running lights.

You got this.

Reply #36
Vinnie, in summary, you are making two modifications:

1.  Changing the inside socket on each side from a single-filament running light to a dual filament running-turn/brake light.

2.  The original wiring in the car has the turn signal wire on each side going to the outside socket, then jumpering to the middle socket to flash both together. (Thus the wire "going in" and "coming out" of the first socket and going to the second.) 
To install the sequencer, the turn signal wire from the car harness must be cut before the outside socket and the jumper betwen the outside and middle sockets must also be cut.  This will isolate the sockets.  The turn signal wire from the car harness powers the sequencer module.  The module then powers the three sockets indvidually and in sequence via the other three wires. (Leaving black for ground.)  Physically which socket ends up where does not really matter, electrically they must be wired in correct order so the lamps flash in proper order - inside, middle, outside.

Reply #37
Quote from: flylear45;425065
There's just two wires from the front of the car you are dealing with on each side. LG/O and O/LB.

You got this.

That's all you need the diagrams for Vinnie, to identify the turn signal wire on each side in the car harness.  Then you are just adding on from there.

Reply #38
Now, I Think I'm starting to mildly understand. My car does have the Sentry System.

I do have a question....or two...The kit comes with a red wire and black wire as well. They are supposed to run from the harness or something. Not really sure.

I planned on modifying the light housing to accept another brake light socket as the middle and outer bulbs use on each side.

So you are saying that the middle socket DOES go the inner, and the inner socket is replaced with the new socket and used in the middle? Why the swap? This  just kills me. I WISH there was a person around here to do it for me, but there isn't, so, it's on me....with your help that I appreciate.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #39
hwy73, The module is actually wired in with the inner light rather than in between it. The inner light ends up ALSO being power to the module.

That's where i was confused a bit earlier.

Look over post 26 to see if it looks good to you. You seem to have a good handle on it and I want to be sure to get it right for Vinnie.

Reply #40
So which wires from the "pre light" part of the harness have to be tapped in to?

Reply #41
The red and black wire I am speaking of are in a bundle separate from the two modules.

Reply #42
Quote from: vinnietbird;425068
Now, I Think I'm starting to mildly understand. My car does have the Sentry System.

I do have a question....or two...The kit comes with a red wire and black wire as well. They are supposed to run from the harness or something. Not really sure.

I planned on modifying the light housing to accept another brake light socket as the middle and outer bulbs use on each side.

So you are saying that the middle socket DOES go the inner, and the inner socket is replaced with the new socket and used in the middle? Why the swap? This  just kills me. I WISH there was a person around here to do it for me, but there isn't, so, it's on me....with your help that I appreciate.

Look at post 26 and it tells what to do with red and black. You will put a ring terminal on black and screw it onto a good ground to ground the module electronics. VERY IMPORTANT, don't skip it!

Red powers the module and ties into the LG/O wire on the INNER (your middle) socket.

By moving the middle to the inner you are using less wires than you would have to otherwise. Just trust me on this one.

Reply #43
I will take a VERY close look at post 26 over again.......and again when people here at home will leave me the hell alone.

Reply #44
Quote from: vinnietbird;425070
So which wires from the "pre light" part of the harness have to be tapped in to?

None. All the work is in the trunk unless you want to get fancy.

Quote from: vinnietbird;425071
The red and black wire I am speaking of are in a bundle separate from the two modules.

I would not use them. I would do it as it comes in the burst mode.