Skip to main content
Topic: #13 is Home.... (Read 4938 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: #13 is Home....

Reply #15
Many would find his plans blasphemous, but it's something I've thought of myself and NEVER would I put a chevy motor in a bird...

Reply #16
Always nice to have support for my blasphemy. :p

Reply #17
But it'd be some awesome blasphemy if it works... and one day with enough time and effort, it will...

I need a barn for all these ideas...

And if you poke around my website there are hints of it around ;)

Reply #18
You and me both. (barn for ideas)

Doh.. we hijacked anudda thread.

Reply #19
Back on track... Tom, sweet bird (as usual) just a tad dirty. Have you ever even bought a junk bird?

Reply #20
Tom won't suffer for the temporary lack of attention. :D

So it's mainly just the ABS acting up on that?

Reply #21
Quote from: crystal
Back on track... Tom, sweet bird (as usual) just a tad dirty. Have you ever even bought a junk bird?

Yep two, a TC and the '87 Sport I used as donor for my 5.0 swap, both were parted out.... The TC was very rusty, at least by my standards(and probably about anyone else, right front frame rail was starting to collapse) and the Sport was trashed in general.

I have another TC that has a very good body, but the paint is shot, tranny is toast(automatic) and interior is trashed. Only has 104K mi so its mostly a parts source for my white and red TCs.

The silver Bird I just bought(BTW its a 5 speed) is in very good cond body and interior wise and is basically rust free(found out it's a one owner local car, was doanated to a charity which auctioned it). The ABS pump is locked up, so its gonna be awhile before I get another unit installed.

Reply #22
nice car.........good find

Reply #23
That looks like a great find!  Congrats!
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #24
Finally took another pix.... sorry its the only one, camera batteries were almost dead.

Reply #25
Nice job Tom, hows it optioned?

Reply #26
Quote from: Sancho
Nice job Tom, hows it optioned?

It's a 5 speed with, climate controll, corner lamps, twilight sentenel, keyless entry, std audio(but has a 6 disc changer in the trunk, not sure if it works) power driver seat and std TC goodies like tilt, cruse, power mirrors, etc....

The funniest part about this car is it came from Ronnies(chrome302jr) neighborhood over in Newport News(about 35-40 mi from me). I had seen it setting at the guys house and told Ronnie about it, so he goes by and drives the car, but didn't buy it because the guy wanted like $2500. So it sets for a year and I buy this silver TC from the auction. Ronnie calls me one evening on his way home and I say, you know I think I have that TC that was on Marlborough over by you. So Ronnie rides by and its gone(was there 3-4 weeks before). When I get the title from the auction, sure enough same car.... small world.