Skip to main content
Topic: 460 swap k member question (Read 1075 times) previous topic - next topic

460 swap k member question

Just would like to know how members compensate for strut travel when using k member spacers? Possably spacing strut mount?

Reply #1
Are you spacing a stock t bird k member? Spacers for a mustang k member is only to make up the difference between the upper mount height and the t bird body. I don't think strut travel should be an issue if you keep the ride height the same, different springs, or coil overs may be in order. You will lose some ground clearance at the k member.

Reply #2
I've done the swap with k-member spacers twice now and there is no need to worry about the struts travel unless you plan on running the baha 500 , lol . You are right in thinking that the strut will basicly be 1 1/4" too short (assuming your using 1 1/4" spacers) , But you would never use that much suspension travel in any type of street driving . Getting the nut back on the top of the strut can be a real fight , the car lifts before you can get the nut on the threads . I had to use a large 2" ratchet strap between the lower control arm and the inner fender to get it back together .