Skip to main content
Topic: CWE Motor Mounts on Hiatus (Read 2090 times) previous topic - next topic

CWE Motor Mounts on Hiatus

I'm sure most have seen hints, but I figured that I'd better make an official announcement.

I am currently NOT building motor mounts. I figure after 15 years it was time to take a break.

The main reason is that I just don't have the time these days to put to this. Any time spent on building mounts takes away from the multitudes of other things I want/need to do in my limited spare time.

I'm not officially closing the doors yet, but I have no plans to get back into production on any of the mounts.

I need to update the website to reflect this and include the info for replacement bushings, etc.

Thanks for all the support over the years.

Chuck
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #1
Wow, Chuck.  Good for you, but bummer for us...  Thanks for all the help you've done to keep our cars going and improve on what Ford did.  Good luck on your other projects.

Daniel

Reply #2
I had your mounts on my 2.3T Mustang.  Great product, thanks for what you did.

Also had the shock extending mounts on my Cougar.
Mike

Reply #3
Mine are still in awesome shape, but PM me info on replacement bushings in case the "that'll never happen to me" happens.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
The bushings are prob going to shrink, set, compress eventually. It'll happen.

Energy Suspension P/N 9.4102's are the replacements.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #5
Nothing lasts forever. For now, mine are still great. I couldn't have asked for more. The stockers sucked, and buying Autozone replacement cushions were horrible. Those broke apart in no time.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..