Skip to main content
Topic: Check out this 86 , Cheap too Cali car (Read 655 times) previous topic - next topic

Check out this 86 , Cheap too Cali car

https://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4805260628.html
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Reply #1
Very interesting. FMS grille, side skirts, and someone loved up on it, via the white headlight buckets.

, consider seeing if the seller will ship it to me...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
Its been wrecked.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #3
Somehow i doubt that Grandma ran to the dealer to put on a body kit and add the HO motor he claims........ lol

Here is my reality check guess:

Grandma drove it till had 120k and then went blind.  Grandsonny got the car, and with Granny half blind he drove the car for 40K and then added the body kit he found in a junk yard.  Painted the headlight buckets in a very bad effort to make a Turdo coupe out of it. (intentional typo there)  and dreamed the stock 5.0 into a HO.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #4
Quote from: MY83T;441643
Somehow i doubt that Grandma ran to the dealer to put on a body kit and add the HO motor he claims........ lol

Here is my reality check guess:

Grandma drove it till had 120k and then went blind.  Grandsonny got the car, and with Granny half blind he drove the car for 40K and then added the body kit he found in a junk yard.  Painted the headlight buckets in a very bad effort to make a Turdo coupe out of it. (intentional typo there)  and dreamed the stock 5.0 into a HO.

IMHO that makes a lot more sense than what he claims in his craigslist ad.
Ron
Speed is just a question of MONEY How fast can you go?    (M. M.)

Reply #5
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;441634
, consider seeing if the seller will ship it to me...

Sarcasm..it's my Christmas gift to you all. :rollin:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #6
Quote from: Haystack;441637
Its been wrecked.

The trunklid, right?
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #7
Funny how it's only got 33% of the body kit. No skirts on the back, no air dam on the front. It does have a TC front bumper though. And gramma's personalized plates ;)

All in all, it's nicer than what you can get in Ohio for that price...
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7