Skip to main content
Topic: Greetings all (Read 1482 times) previous topic - next topic

Greetings all

New here, but not to forums as I'm a Mod on FBBO, and am a member on some others. Anyway, I didn't see a "welcome" section so I thought this would do. I've owned 54 vehicles, most of which have been Mopar muscle cars. BUT, I've also owned a 69 and a 70 Mach, both 4 speeds, an '01 Stang with a stick, and (currently) an '05 Stang GT with a stick.

Anyway, I just bought an 88 Turbo coupe that I flew out and drove 2000 miles home. This is a replacement for my GF's 88 TC that finally gave up at 327,000 from a head gasket. Darn thing still had the original motor, trans, clutch, and turbo. But seeing it was 1400 miles away when it died, there wasn't much I could do about it. She decided to part with it (instead of waiting lord knows how long before I could get to it) and boo-hoo'd after she sold it.

Other than the headlights and fogs flashing off and on (I guess you all already know about that) I had no problems on that 2000 mile trip. I even got 28-30mpg driving 75 and going through mountains.

Soooo I'll probably be asking a few questions as I get this TC ready for her. Then I might have to find one for myself:D
5 Mopars, an S-197, and the Turbo Twinkie[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings all

Reply #1
Best place you could have found. 327000! Thats crazy! Heads up we all want pics... ALOT of them.
1986 Cougar LS

Greetings all

Reply #2
Yeah. She really took care of that car. Drove it easy, and waited before turning it off. I couldn't believe it had that many miles on the original pieces.

That car was black, with cloth and the equalizer stereo in it. The one I just picked up is white, with red leather, 5 speed, NO upgrade stereo (which is probably why it still works according to her) and the electric suspension...whatever it's called.

Speaking of that. Does anyone offer replacement struts that maintain the ride control?

my bad. Here is a link to a bunch O pics I took "one handed, out the window running 75". Only one or two of the TC though

http://www.moparpics.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Turbo-Twinkie-on-the-road-2000-miles-3-days-in-a-car-I-knew-little-about

Greetings all

Reply #4
Welcome!!

(No one had the "Turbo 88" ID yet? What's up with that?)
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Greetings all

Reply #5
Ya roll tha dice, an ya take's yer chances:D

Greetings all

Reply #6
Hopefully are names wont get mixed up. WELCOME ABOARD!
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Greetings all

Reply #7
Welcome !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Greetings all

Reply #8
Welcome aboard.....
Yep, were gonna need a fist full of pictures.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Greetings all

Reply #9
Welcome and nice to have another Turbo coupe. These 2.3T's are pretty durable. I've pulled apart many with over 100,000miles and still find hone marks in the cylinder.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Greetings all

Reply #10
welcome aboard.

Nice to see another bird saved!

Sounds like you got a little bit if experience in the shop, check out the fastback bird in the lounge!

Greetings all

Reply #11
Thanks for all the Welcomes. Yeah, I've had a wrench in my hand for a while. Never worked as a "pro" except for doing resto work for others. One of my past rides was a 70 Challenger R/T that (after I restored it) was featured in Musclecar Enthusiast, and was one of the 12 fastest Certified Pure Stock Musclecars in the country. In '03 I moved to "the country" and built a shop (still there isn't enough room) and last year I bought two lifts. Getting a bit old and girthy to be wormin it on the ground anymore