Skip to main content
Topic: new gun ban (Read 10498 times) previous topic - next topic

new gun ban

Reply #30
Personally, I think concealed guns are a huge part of the problem the US has with gun crimes.

People who actually have a concealed weapons permit commit what percentage of gun related crimes in the US? 
Hint:  You need a clean record to get that permit....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

new gun ban

Reply #31
Quote from: oldraven;242673
Sam Steele did the same thing during the Gold Rush into the Yukon. If you wanted to pan Gold in the Yukon, you had to hand over your guns, and a good portion of those gold seekers were from the US. I bet that law was a favourite. :hick:

Personally, I think concealed guns are a huge part of the problem the US has with gun crimes. That's not to say there aren't responsible gun owners who are going to get shafted by laws like these (if there's any truth to this in the first place), but I'm willing to wager that these people are rare, compared to the irresponsible gun owner. Besides, you can't argue with numbers. Countries with bans on assault rifles and concealed weapons have drastically lower rates of gun crimes.

Flame on.

Break and enters in BC are triple compared to Texas.
Concealed weapons reduce crime, thats a fact.
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

new gun ban

Reply #32
I fully expected you guys to disagree with me, and I'm ok with that. I just will never get the entire gun culture, when it comes to carrying one with you on a daily basis. It freaks me out to think of it.

new gun ban

Reply #33
Quote from: turbo88;242794
Break and enters in BC are triple compared to Texas.
Concealed weapons reduce crime, thats a fact.

Are you so sure about that. In Texas your neighbor has the wright to protect you home unless they have told you not to. There was one case where a older guy called the cops on some guys breaking into the house across the street. He was on 911 and they told him not to go outside. He went out and shot them. The guy got off and the neighbor who's house  he was protecting he didn't even know them. Guess what the guy turned out the be a lawyer and defended him for free. I would like to have some neighbors like that.

Also Carrying a gun with you everywhere. That makes me think were heading back to the wild west times. That may not be a good thing but if that is the way its gonna be might as well join them before one of them takes you out.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

new gun ban

Reply #34
Paul ,
I think oldraven was refering to "people with concealed guns",, not actually those with "permits to conceal a weapon"

what are your professional thoughts on my knife adventure previous post?  I think its a shame.  Id rather just conceal a knife than a gun but I have no choice if I want protection.

oldraven
I agree with you on the freaked out part, many people like concealed permits over permit to carry because then they dont have to have it in view all the time.

new gun ban

Reply #35
how does the saying go....better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

new gun ban

Reply #36
what are your professional thoughts on my knife adventure previous post? I think its a shame. Id rather just conceal a knife than a gun but I have no choice if I want protection.
i actually had a conversation with a local cop on the mater. i asked about knives and concealment and basically, locally anyway if its a pocket knife, folder or what have you under (3.5 blade length i think) you are fine. sheath knives or anything over said length must be in view. double edged knives, automatic knives and i think butterfly knives are all illegal here.

It freaks me out to think of it.
and thats why they are concealed. its safer and less alarming for frightened folks like yourself.

edit (fixed)

~John~

new gun ban

Reply #37
Quote from: shame302;242832

and thats why they are concealed. its safer and less alarming for frightened floks like yourself.

aw gee walley, arent you being a little hard on the beav:hick:

so whats a flok?  lol

new gun ban

Reply #38
So what in the last 2 weeks everyone allready bought all the good guns so have fun taking all the py guns out of the stores.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

new gun ban

Reply #39
the good guns can be made at home

[SIZE="1"]mac-11/9 with a 72 round clip anyone?[/SIZE]
Quote from: ?;247173
Screw you Ford... I'm going to get a ranger riding a mustang to restore your focus on the expedition needed to escape from the edge of bankruptcy.

Quote from: random im message;385099
need to pretend to get some awesome wheels for my invisible cars so i can pimp hard in my dreams at night...

new gun ban

Reply #40
Quote from: shame302;242832
and thats why they are concealed. its safer and less alarming for frightened folks like yourself.

edit (fixed)

It's more the idea that you can never tell who's packing. Being on the bus and thinking "There are at least 8 handguns within 12' of me right now."

new gun ban

Reply #41
Remember that slomins shield commercial when the burglar pulls up and says “what’s with the slomins shield” what house would they pick if they had to pick that one and the one next door that who he thinks the owner might have a gun.

new gun ban

Reply #42
Jcassity
I can’t believe local law enforcement gave you that much time but they pretty much summed it up. I guess you can say our laws are not exactly perfect but if you think about it they just don’t give handgun permits to anyone. At least where I live in NY there are 3 basic types of handgun permits the simple one is the hunting and target one which anyone can get your involved 6month investigation and you got it. Then you have a premise permit same back round check but this is for a store owner and the gun can only be loaded in his store and it doesn’t deviate too much. Than finally there’s the full carry which is very hard to get and has many deviations. This is self explanatory other than the fact you can’t just apply for a premise or full carry permit in NY. You must have a good reason why you need it and most likely still get denied. Ex in NYC they haven’t given a full carry permit in years. I think the only person to get a full carry was done for political reasons and it was given to Abner Louima. But I’m not sure on that fact.

new gun ban

Reply #43
It's more the idea that you can never tell who's packing. Being on the bus and thinking "There are at least 8 handguns within 12' of me right now."

So what?

Remember that slomins shield commercial when the burglar pulls up and says “what’s with the slomins shield” what house would they pick if they had to pick that one and the one next door that who he thinks the owner might have a gun.
so are you telling me that the burglar would head for the house where he thinks the home owner may be armed?

~John~

new gun ban

Reply #44
Quote from: shame302;242907
So what?

So that freaks me out. Having some trouble with the fact that I don't have your opinion, or what? I expect to be the odd man out in this thread. I'm not an idiot.