Skip to main content
Topic: Turtle Wax ICE (tried it out) (Read 2060 times) previous topic - next topic

Turtle Wax ICE (tried it out)

My brother tried out some of the new Synthetic Turtle wax Ice on his truck the other day so i decided to purchase some for myself after hearing him talk about how great it was, and how you can apply it directly in the sun. I had a few free hours today so i decided to spend it with the car and give it a good exterior waxing. here are some before and after pictures bellow for all you pic ws :flip:

BEFORE:
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Reply #1
After:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Reply #2
AFTER: (last ones)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
looks awesome man!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #4
Dang, looks as if it just rolled of the assembly line! Nice to see a product work as advertised!
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #5
Looks great! I use the paste polish, the liquid claybar and the detail spray on my Cat and it turns out great everytime.

'88 Mercury Cougar LS, 302, Project Car - "The Coug"
'83 Ford Thunderbird Heritage, 302, Summer Ride, - "The Bambi Killer"
'86 Chevrolet S10, Daily Driver -  "The Black Beater"

Reply #6
Be careful man, there's been talk all over LS1tech.com about guys saying it's turning their shiznit yellow.  A lot of them who have had the stuff for a while said that the stuff turned yellow and hardened in the bottle after only a few months.  You can try Meguairs NXT Tech Wax, that stuff works wonders from what I've heard.  Lol  but wax and polish are like opinions everybody has their own.

Reply #7
Not trying to Hijack this thread or anything, but since we are on the subject of waxes...

I've always used Nu-Finish on my car, which is black by the way, and it always ends up leaving these white swirls all over the body. It's especially apparent when the sun hits it. Some areas will be "clearer" than other areas. Can anyone suggest something that will clear up all these white swirls?
<---One must always remember to Remain cool, calm and collected when dealing with your fellow man, especially on the Internet....
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #8
Turbo88, looks sweet. I haven't tried the Ice stuff but the most appealing aspect of it for me is how they say you can go over black trim and rubber and it doesn't turn it white once the wax dries. I've always been more of a Meguiars person myself but I have been tempted to try the Ice.
Quote from: DMC24guy;157905
Not trying to Hijack this thread or anything, but since we are on the subject of waxes...

I've always used Nu-Finish on my car, which is black by the way, and it always ends up leaving these white swirls all over the body. It's especially apparent when the sun hits it. Some areas will be "clearer" than other areas. Can anyone suggest something that will clear up all these white swirls?

Sounds to me like the car isn't fully clean when you wax it so you are waxing all the dirt particles that are stuck to the paint into the paint causing the scratches and swirls. It's nothing you are doing wrong about washing your car.

Just pick up a cleaner wax and apply it before giving the car the final wax. You will be amazed at how black the foam applicator is from getting all the dirt out.

I usually do the 3 step Meguiars system. 1- cleaner wax, 2- polish, 3-wax. All the cars that I do look brand new when I'm done with them.

Or it could be just the fact that after 20 years, you're paint has been abused and swirled enough that the only remedy is a heavy color sand or a respray.

The only caution I'll send to you is that I don't think the TC is clear coated so you don't want to rub through the paint or try any cleaners that can potentially thin out the paint.

Reply #9
Quote from: DakotaEpic;157867
Be careful man, there's been talk all over LS1tech.com about guys saying it's turning their shiznit yellow.  A lot of them who have had the stuff for a while said that the stuff turned yellow and hardened in the bottle after only a few months.  You can try Meguairs NXT Tech Wax, that stuff works wonders from what I've heard.  Lol  but wax and polish are like opinions everybody has their own.

Wow, haven't heard about that... If my plastics/molding start turning yellow heads will roll :beatyoass:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
I got some free at a car show. Works ok for a touch up between heavy waxings but that's about it. I washed most of it off the next time I washed the car. No matter what there is no substitute for the 3 step process: paint cleaner, polish, and wax. I've had very good luck with Meguiars NXT paste wax. It usually lasts about 3-4 months before it has to be reapplied.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #11
Looks freaking awesome man! I wish I had a car to wax. :(

Reply #12
I like the idea of being able to wax everything but was there really anything wrong with the old method of waxing with a good carnuba wax?? I detail boats for a side job with a friend and ive found that the marine grade wax i use on boats works great on cars too. I use the marine wax about once a year and then touch up through out the summer with mothers.
Current-
87 Cougar
88 Crown Vic LTD
84 Yamaha Xt600

previous cars -
1990 Dodge Daytona -
1990 Geo Prizm -
1987 Honda Accord - 140mph wonder? Rally ready..... K.I.A. at WOT due to massive head failure. Still had the best paint-job EVER...
1998 Suzuki Sidekick 4D -
1969 Falcon Futura w/ Sports Coupe option (now go try and find that? And if you do tell me where it is!!)

The Cougar will never be for sale, Only up for trade on a 68,69 Falcon 2D.

Reply #13
Quote from: 87crzypssy;158560
I like the idea of being able to wax everything but was there really anything wrong with the old method of waxing with a good carnuba wax?? I detail boats for a side job with a friend and ive found that the marine grade wax i use on boats works great on cars too. I use the marine wax about once a year and then touch up through out the summer with mothers.

No not really. I only use the Meguiars NXT wax because it's synthetic and it makes the color *pop* a bit more on my car than carnuba.

Marine grade wax works great. I have a buddy who waxes his car with it because he only has to do it once a year :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #14
ICE is NOT wax. It will NOT protect your paint. Of course it won't leave any residue, no real polish does. Except ICE sucks at polishing too.

This is coming from a guy with $200 worth of Turtle Wax stuff (they make ICE).