more
It's Gumby's fault.

Re: My 87 Turbo Coupe

Reply #2
last one
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #3
Nice, looks rust free.  That aint the one I seen on ebay thats was for sale out of NY was it?  Either way, sweet TC and I dig dark gray on these cars.  One of the more desirable colors for that car.  You gonna mod the 2.3 or swap a 302 or keep it a stocker?

Reply #4
I vote you keep it stock, beehotch.

Reply #5
nah, its a local car, never made it on the net, im doing some basic mods, front mounted cone filter, boost controller, exhaust, and *maybe* a front mounted intercooler
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #6
Whats the paint code on that thing? Standard smoke? Looks lighter than my car's "smoke clearcoat metallic" (and whats the clearcoat word in there for anyways?) but I love how that one looks. If its standard smoke (think paint code 1K - the metallic is 91), could you get some closer pictures? Larger resolution? May be a color I consider painting my car with
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #7
ill see what i can do for ya, my camera is a POS, 1.3 megapixle, so resolution is , but ill see if i can pull the code for ya
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #8
1.3MP isn't too bad. A FEW YEARS (3-4) ago there was this 1.3MP camera for around $60 (discontinued-clearance price) which took excellent pictures and 1280 x 960 isn't all that bad
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #9
I bet your Turbines off your Red T bird would look sweet on your TC.  I liked how mine looked, mine was lowered though.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/555000-555999/555080_66_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/555000-555999/555080_67_full.jpg

That or Cobra R's would really set your Turbo Coupe off, I was never really a fan of the Snow flakes unless they are polished.  If you dig them though, go for it.  I had Pony wheels on my Turbo Coupe briefly, they didn't look too hot IMO, sorry no pics.

Reply #10
i just want to refinish the snowflakes, if i could, id completely restore the car, but tracking down the red/black molding and the turbo coupe plastic embelums that does on the doors, im going to hold off from doing any "non-reversable" mods to it just in case restoration stuff pops up

only real mods i want to do are exhaust, intake, boost controller and maybe a front mount intercooler, so the car could easily be brought back to stock
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #11
i cant wait till i can shop for a bird,,,,,,,,yeah, you do suck man :giggle:  :bowdown:

great find and i do like the interior.
so,,hom much did you pay?

Reply #12
oh man, i forgot to mention that, i paid 500 bucks for it cash, and drove it right home
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #13
double suck :mad:

nods head left to right,,says, why cant i find those deals.

btw,, there is a tight looking mark7 for sale down here painted this wierd show off almost lime green and i can see leather in there with a couple nice side exhausts itching for a smoke show.

ive got my eye on it but thats about it.

Reply #14
tight looking? wow...never thought id hear you say that
It's Gumby's fault.