Skip to main content
Topic: Claude puts his car back together. (Read 12111 times) previous topic - next topic

Claude puts his car back together.

Reply #75
Quote from: thunderjet302;467497
You've got a lot of parts stashed away.

Those 24lb injectors should be fine with GT40 heads. Save the 30lb injectors. If you ever go with better flowing aluminum heads you'll need them (my car did).

There is only 6 30lb injectors.  I don’t know if I will ever go the aluminum head route.  Probably switch engine platforms before that.
One 88

Reply #76
30lb injectors are probably from a Thunderbird SC, since you only have 6.

I've thought about Coyote swaps. By the time I get all required parts/a new transmission I might as well go Dart 363 and be done with it.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #77
But, that 363 is pretty much at a ceiling, whereas the Coyote design isn't even close to it's peak yet..

If it weren't a question of money, my next project would be a Coyote. Or even a 32v...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #78
LSx and be done with it.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #79
2JZ brah
One 88

Reply #80
Pffft. Honda J35.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #82
I am!
One 88

Reply #83
Still plugging away, been buying parts more than working on the car.  Finally tracked down the correct tunnel piece for a t5 over a floor shift auto.
 X

So I started cleaning the carpet because its filthy.  Soaked and scrubbed in purple power and then power washed.  I'm in the works of purchasing a new heater box from 50racer to install in the car because mine is awful.
X
X
One 88

Reply #84
Carpet came out surprisingly nice.

Reply #85
Nice, been a long time since I posted on the forums. Had trouble with sign on for awhile, and basically gave up. Decided to drop in and check on things. Nice to see you are bringing another one back to life.

Reply #86
Quote from: 83Heritage;467730
Nice, been a long time since I posted on the forums. Had trouble with sign on for awhile, and basically gave up. Decided to drop in and check on things. Nice to see you are bringing another one back to life.

I probably have those heritage windows somewhere still!
One 88

Reply #87
Quote from: thunderjet302;467682
Carpet came out surprisingly nice.

Now if I can get the padding dried I would install it.  I usually power wash carpets in the summer.  I am thinking I will build a tent over it on the garage with a tarp and a dehumidifier under it.
One 88

Reply #88
Can you hang it somewhere and put a fan on it? Probably dry it better than a dehumidifier.. ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #89
Quote from: CougarSE;467737
Know if I can get the padding dried I would install it.  I usually power wash carpets in the summer.  I am thinking I will build a tent over it on the garage with a tarp and a dehumidifier under it.

Can you put the carpet in a heated basp00get?