Skip to main content
Topic: picked up a decent 1984 5.0L Thunderbird (Read 12242 times) previous topic - next topic

picked up a decent 1984 5.0L Thunderbird

Reply #45
sending my son the youtube vids, he will be drooling for days

Reply #46
Lol.  Thanks man.  Long tube headers.  Off road h pipe and dynomax super turbo lers.

Reply #47
I was just showing my buddy some of your old youtube videos
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #48
Got around to working in this the other day.  Got the interior back together and neutral start switch and back up lights wired up along with the shift indicator light.

X
X
X

Love the way the interior is turning out

Reply #49
Engine has changed quite a bit since the last pic I posted too

X

Reply #50
Fancy air filter heat shield you got there.

Just out of curiosity how much of that B&M shifter case can you cut down? I like some of them but I don't want to put one in if I have to hack the console up.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #51
I could have gone about an inch lower if i remember correctly.

Reply #52
Ended up doing a TBSS intake and 30lb injector swap. Also just finished doing an engine bay wire tuck.  Have a 92mm TB coming this week for it. It's almost done. X
X

Can't wait to take this thing out and hit the track

[video=youtube_share;lh2ZwDN60tk]https://youtu.be/lh2ZwDN60tk[/video]