Skip to main content
Topic: awsome package arrived today (Read 797 times) previous topic - next topic

awsome package arrived today

Thank you TOM R, i know exactly what do do with most of this stuff and the other things will eventually find a home.

its time for an ignition switch mod

thank you very much!!!  at a glance i see about 400$ in stuff here~!!!!

Reply #1
No problem!! Our sales people give us stuff all the time. Thought i would share some. NO PROBLEM ENJOY!!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #2
Before I scrolled down i was like what the hell is that, so many pieces. Then saw it was parts and not a kit.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #3
What amp are the resettable breakers, I like them,use them a lot.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #4
It's AWESOME to see when community members help each other out like that...

[SIZE="1"]heh... I said "members"[/SIZE]
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #5
Quote from: Scott D;396998
It's AWESOME to see when community members help each other out like that...

It is indeed.

[SIZE="1"]heh... I said "members"[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Reply #6
Quote from: Kitz Kat;396986
What amp are the resettable breakers, I like them,use them a lot.

80amp with indicator flag

Reply #7
I just bought a couple of that style breaker for my trunk mounted battery.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #8
-Pollak 80A, 42vdc rated single pole waterproof breakers:
..Well made, no complaints, safely clears mounting surface by at least 1/4'', there are exposed metalic live power metal parts on the rear but with such a low potential this adds no negatives in my opinion.  waterproof housing rivited through whole assembly and seems to have a good concept of rubber buttons to slip over power studs with a non-conductive lanyard which i like very much.  A very low profile solution for this ampacity range.  The breaker trip test button could be shallower in profile if side clearance is an issue but i dont think my little write up will change the design.  I would be more interested in this design in a two hole lug landing option if available and this would be for my work applications on DC power plant inverter systems where on our smaller systems we need 4) 100A 48vdc breakers.
I rate the breaker a 10 out of 10

Tyco 12v 75A V23232-D0001-X0001.....
..Very nice relay, contacts sound very intensional and serious about thier job.  Unit is not water tight not to say its application is suppose to be.  A beed of silicone along the removeable cover could offer this option easy enough though as well as around the power contact. 
..Disadvantage- the two mounting ears allow easy placement but connection #30 supplied hex screw is rather long. Since the mounting ears are up high, the whole unit could easily "rock" or Pivit if under tension from wiring and connection #30 could easily arch to a metal surface it is mounted to.  I highly suggest fiber paper or insulator placed between this relay and the mounting surface to prevent this from happening.  Very nice relay nontheless.
I rate the relay a 8 out of 10

Relay plug harness... not really sure what rating the insulation is or the manuf info either.  There appears to be no writing on the wire,,in my past experince if the wire says nothing,, its shiznit.  I am impressed with the snuggly fit and "raised portion of the plug such that someone tried very hard to make sure that water would "run down and off" the plug instead of settling on its top if it got wet.
I rate the plug a 5 out of 10.

Relay RC-400112-NN made by Cole Hersee CO
-No UL listing or label, not sure if it has been exposive tested or not in the lab, perhaps spec sheets would reveal this but due to my vast experience in this part of "pieces parts", if it has no UL lable, there must be something that allows it to be sold with the user assuming the risk.  When energized, this little relay really sounds serious though, sounds really strong but this could be misleading.  IT appears the attemp of a water tight housing may have been achived here, i see this in all angles and cracks where it looks like good molding did a very qulaity job in sealing.  Perhaps the company is in process of getting the UL / CE lable but for now, all i can say is it looks satisfactory.  There is no ampaicty rating on it either so you must look up the spec sheet to find this out.
I rate this a 7 out of 10 because i have a decent feeling about it.

50Amp 3'' long aligator clips...
..Well made metal works but has a few issues.
-The captive spring can be removed and it should be secured in place.  The jaws tend to canter your connection once you release, i dont like this becase you dont want a clip to flip or "flick" to one side or the other causing you to lose control of your jumper wire.  It is very strong to compress.  I have not put heat on it yet to solder in a lead but it appears there is a nice layer of "tin" to butter in some solder.  The single screw serves no real purpose in my opinion.  You would be crimping your connection, not connecting to a little tiny self tapping screw.  That being said, there needs to be double the crimping ears than there are thus allowing more surface contact of wire to gator clip.  Soldering would fix this issue. 
I rate this a 6 out of 10.

will follow up with remainging items soon.