Skip to main content
Topic: 86 460 (Read 838 times) previous topic - next topic

86 460

Alright, I know some of us love big blocks. As do I, But Ive been hanging onto this thing for too long.

Is a 460 out of a 86 f250. It has the EGR heads, that need some broken studs removed and have 1 or 2 ears busted off for the exhaust manifold bolts. and its missing the dipstick.

It has been rebuilt from the ground up. New rings,bearings, oil pump, timing set,fuel pump,waterpump, all new gaskets through out.

It has a Summit cam and lifter kit .479in/.504ex.
A Weiand Stealth intake
and flowtech longtube headers

I ran this motor in a work truck It ran awesome and would pull just about anything.

Allthough, the truck it was in rotted out so bad that I sat in the cab one day and almost fell through.

The motor itself had very low miles to begin with and I have less then 1000 miles on it The truck wasnt driven very often and was mainly used to haul wood and push snow.

It comes with a rebuilt c6 with maybe 20k on it and transfer case.

I know you guys probably have some friends that are into building mud trucks. This motor would be perfect for a mud truck/ work truck. Or even a bird if you wanted to

I need it gone. I have around 3k in the motor and tranny. Would like to get 1500 out of it if it were possible. Its a strong runner thats barely broke in.

Motor is located in Fort Wayne, IN 46818

Now its PIC time!

While building:

After built

As it is now:

86 460

Reply #1
Too bad I don't live closer to you, that would look nice in my new truck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

86 460

Reply #2
Im going to bump this and add some stuff to it. Motor is still for sale. $800 OBO

I have a very nice set of 1/2 ton ford axels a d44 HP and a 9" with 3.55's with warn lockouts, comes with a 6" lift kit coils, radius arms, drop down brackets, leaf springs, blocks, shackles, all the steering componets from the pitman arm down, all the shock mounts and ect. Basicly EVERYTHING from under a 77 f150 4x4 that had came down to the shop. Would be a perfect way to ditch the TTB front end in the 80-94 f150. The kit I have actually looks very simmilar to a SAS kit for the 80-94. Im looking to get about $350 for that whole kit.

I think with the right ammount of tweeking you can knock the twin I out of a 2wd truck and roll this kit under the front end if youre looking to build a 4x4.

Also have a Edelbrock 600 carb for sale, still works I had it on my bird but swapped back to the holley. Needs cleaned up a bit but its almost new. My buddy had it on his camaro for about 3 months and it got hit in the tail. $100

Thanks for looking!

86 460

Reply #3
I sure wish I had the extra cash right now, I would be making a road trip.  I have a 77 2wd f150 that this kit and motor would be perfect for
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

86 460

Reply #4
........too bad I wasn't closer.......I've got multiple  460 trucks.
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

86 460

Reply #5
By the looks of it they might be here for a while lol

86 460

Reply #6
Put 460 in T-bird, sell 302. Problem solved :).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

86 460

Reply #7
700# boat anchor? I know the front end of my car is lighter now I dont need to compensate for it. lol. alum. headed 351 yes. 460 naw. It was built to pull, not rev