Skip to main content
Topic: Toronto Motorsports Park opening day today (Read 5006 times) previous topic - next topic

Toronto Motorsports Park opening day today

Reply #15
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;215064

I guess that is a down side to the aftermarket (chinese :nannerbang: ) Cobra intakes.  the baffles underneath the PCV Valve aren't big enough and the motor burns some oil because of it.  Ford sells a repair baffle that I will be putting on it when I swap the HO into it.

Yeah the Explorer GT40 lower I used has that big baffel on it to stop oil consumption.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #16
+4's were designed for rotary engines. I'd be very, very skeptical of any "HP Increase" claim on that style of plug in a piston engine. That design was made so the electrode(s) wouldn't protrude into the rotor housing where they'd be smacked by the rotor. As a basic electrical current device it is an inefficient design. Where exactly did you here about the 6HP?

Reply #17
Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords.  In my own experience I have tried just about every plug on the market, and have found these to be the best in my cars. (aside from Motorcraft, which are obviously THE best)
My engine runs smoother and seems to have alittle better throttle response with them.

Reply #18
I take everything those liars say and do the opposite.

Reply #19
elaborate on the lairs part...

pretty strong words...  what facts do you have to prove that they lied about anything, and what?

Reply #20
Wow, you must not read online much! Over half of their tech articles are PAID for by the companies whose products they're showcasing. They've been accused of misleading and lying to readers for over a decade! They've been called out and proven wrong multiple times over ET's, HP numbers, and even what parts they actually used. Seriously, spend 10 minutes reading what comes up in a Google search on that rag and you'll never trust them again.

Reply #21
Quote from: P71;215458
Wow, you must not read online much! Over half of their tech articles are PAID for by the companies whose products they're showcasing. They've been accused of misleading and lying to readers for over a decade! They've been called out and proven wrong multiple times over ET's, HP numbers, and even what parts they actually used. Seriously, spend 10 minutes reading what comes up in a Google search on that rag and you'll never trust them again.

No I dont waste my time infront of a computer all day, I work...  and read ALL mustang magazines when I can.  so because a tech article was paid for it is a lie?  OK....

Seriously....  wheres your proof of the lies, I didnt find any...

Reply #22
Must not have searched. And you really don't need all day, 10 minutes will do just fine. Or ask the guys on NATO about the TC vs. SC shootout...

I'm not saying that every article they have is false (hell I still subscribe), but read it with a grain of salt and a dose of common sense. No plug (especially one not even designed for a piston engine!) is going to magically give you HP/TQ unless the old plugs were fouled. Good plug for good plug is a wash in every style of engine at every power level.

Reply #23
Quote from: P71;215654
Must not have searched. And you really don't need all day, 10 minutes will do just fine. Or ask the guys on NATO about the TC vs. SC shootout...

I'm not saying that every article they have is false (hell I still subscribe), but read it with a grain of salt and a dose of common sense. No plug (especially one not even designed for a piston engine!) is going to magically give you HP/TQ unless the old plugs were fouled. Good plug for good plug is a wash in every style of engine at every power level.

hahaha yeah ok....  Take a guess where they got the idea for that shootout to begin with...  "boo hoo, ours TC's weren't fast enough for what they were looking for, lets call them a bunch of liars for it.":shakeass:
I do take everything I read with a grain of salt, but I have not read anything to say that they lied about anything, and apparently you cant come up with anything solid to back up your words either or you would post it.

Thanks for turning my thread about going to the track, into a whinning about what you think of a magazine.

Reply #24
Considering Glenn's TC was there and went faster then any of the SC's, I'd say they have a point... Seriously, read on NATO about how that whole fiasco went down.

Nice job at a whining mis-direct. Little busy with real life at the moment to dredge up all the dirt on MM&FF, but yeah when I get a minute I will just for you ;)

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/t6371/

Do a little research independent of MM&FF on the plugs. You will quickly find that the +4 is intended for rotary engines only.

Reply #25
Quote from: P71;215682

Do a little research independent of MM&FF on the plugs. You will quickly find that the +4 is intended for rotary engines only.

Im just so happy that you know what that plug was originally designed for.... :mullet:  actually im not, but...

REALLY dont care what they were intended for, and I haven't made a comment stating I disagreed with you about it, so were did that come from????...  my reasearch is my own personal experience... with these plugs.  I dont need to read about them or what they were "intended for" just as long as they work with my car....  guess what?  they work just fine in the 5.0L. too, thank you. :shakeass:

too busy with real life to dig up dirty on MM&FF, but not to busy to come on here and post this  huh?, yeah ok...:hick:

Reply #26
Takes 10 seconds to post something on the WiFi while sitting in the hospital waiting room and emailing family.

You're the one who turned it into a shiznit-stir, I just offered an opinion and then defended it when questioned. I've made the exact comment quite a few times here and nobody's ever questioned it (in fact I think the last thread turned into a MM&FF bash-fest).

Good for you if those plugs work on your 5.0, but I have a feeling that if you ever tried a standard plug on the same night at the strip you might actually see an improvement.

Reply #27
Quote from: P71;215738

Good for you if those plugs work on your 5.0, but I have a feeling that if you ever tried a standard plug on the same night at the strip you might actually see an improvement.

I did see an improvment... WITH the +4's.  Why do you think I run them in everything I own?  Think I would pay $80 for plugs if they dont work?

Reply #28
Quote from: P71;215738
Takes 10 seconds to post something on the WiFi while sitting in the hospital waiting room and emailing family.

You're the one who turned it into a shiznit-stir, I just offered an opinion and then defended it when questioned. I've made the exact comment quite a few times here and nobody's ever questioned it (in fact I think the last thread turned into a MM&FF bash-fest).

well you haven't defended your comment with any proof yet....  and it is exactly that...  your opinion, not a fact, or you would bring up proof of it.  Show me the proof that they "lied" about something and I will appoligize. (power gains from a certain part, or saying they used a certain part when they didn't, etc. NOT that they didnt use a buddies car in a shootout)  most people back up a statement like that with proof, not excuses that you are too busy, (unless your name is Fila....:shakeass: )

And I did see an improvment... WITH the +4's.  Why do you think I run them in everything I own?  Think I would pay $80 for plugs if they dont work?

Reply #29
Well i have the same plugs in my GFs stang and they work fine on the spray with a msd box.
In my car the suck ass.  ford motorsports race plugs seem to be only plug that lasts on the street and at the track with my set up.
NGKs get all fouled in few days of driving.