Skip to main content
Topic: Video of the bird running 14.79 (Read 2702 times) previous topic - next topic

Video of the bird running 14.79

Hey guys finally got high speed today so I uploaded the video of the bird running its 14.79 at 93 Mph.  Enjoy. LOL, and yes I know the second gear syncro is shot.  Been that way for a couple of years:hick:
Video at the Track

Reply #1
Your car pulls very similar to mine. It's even got the nose lift too:hick:

I have to get mine to the track. It's broken in but I'm waiting till Sep/Oct for two reasons

1: It's too hot here in July/Aug to get a good run.
2: It's still car show season till Labor day. I can't have rubber all over the quarters on my car for a show;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
Quote from: thunderjet302;161649
2: It's still car show season till Labor day. I can't have rubber all over the quarters on my car for a show;)

thats why we have gas ;) use it on a rag to wash it off the panels, then wash and wax. lol.:D

Reply #3
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;161801
thats why we have gas ;) use it on a rag to wash it off the panels, then wash and wax. lol.:D

Gas is too expensive to use it for that lol;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #4
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;161801

a little aerosol wax and leave it on there is the way to go!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #5
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;162007
a little aerosol wax and leave it on there is the way to go!

Thanks for the tip sleeper.  I will try that this weekend.  I need to get some better times, I got bumped too far down the list. LOL.:hick:

Reply #6
Nice!..i wonder what my 3.8 would run LOL.
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #7
wow, hey, 1 WLD BRD, if you ever want to sell your bird. i'll pay a good amount of money for it! its very good looking! nice run!
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #9
do you have any new pics with the hood scopes so i can show my parents? my mom just gave me a %60 yes for a answer, but my dad would be high, but it might take some time but im pretty sure i will be able to buy it. i should have a for sure answer in a few weeks. is that ok?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #10
they bought my brother a 2000 pontiac GTP for $7,500 about a year ago so buying a car for myself for around $3,500 is a good posibility.

Reply #11
Get some faster time slips for whats in the car and i will try my bext to get you $4,000+ for it its nice looking car clean inside and out I want a lincoln mark LSC really bad but i would pay around $4,000 since i spent more than that on labor for my car now + the fact i hope i can get a 2nd ride kind of soon and last of all i promise to not change the outside look of the car other than maybe the wheels thats it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #12
going to the track again in a few hours.  I will post what it will do. then.
  $4000 is way too much, hell $3500 id too much.  I would be happy with $3000.  that is what I have put into it, not including labour.  You mean pics with the '69 mach I scoop on it?  I can post them in a bit.

Reply #13
Ok fine if i can find a parking place for it $2998 and the $2 i save will buy a 1 months storage fee at the place 2 miles form my house. I bet it could run a lot fast the car looks good overall and at that price it would be a super nice ride 2 own.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily: