Skip to main content
Topic: New door (Read 1311 times) previous topic - next topic

New door

Hey guys. My passenger door has a big rust bubble and after talking to a local shop, it will cost a lot of money to fix cutting it out and welding a new piece in. So I am looking just to buy a new door. I found one but it is for a 86 turbo coupe. Will that work on my 87? Is the interior different (the door lock and unlock buttons).
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

New door

Reply #1
I've got a rust free silver one in Virginia.

New door

Reply #2
The 83-86 doors will fit, but are different from side to side. The 87-88 body style has flush glass. Supposedly mark 7 doors fit too, but i haven't seen that in person.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

New door

Reply #3
50RACER
How much do you want for the door? Im sure shipping is over $100.
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

New door

Reply #4
I'll sell the door with the interior panel, glass, and mirror for $175. Just the bare door and glass for $100. Yes, I'm sure that shiping would be a bear. These things are heavy!

New door

Reply #5
Is there a trade school, or vocational school in your area? If there is, bring the door and supplies to them for a cheap fix.
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em