Topic: 5.0 transplant (Read 11146 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 5.0 transplant

Reply #105
on ebay, they sell cold air intakes for like 60 shipped

of you can just grab a stock airbox and tube
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #106
Here are some current pictures.  I was going to wait until I was completely finished but I figured I would put some up since there was a request.  [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]

As far as the cold air intake goes, those kits look like they are too long to go to the T-Bird hole.  Do I have to cut the tubes to size? I don't want the filter to be in the engine compartment or in the fender where I have to take out the fender well cover to get to the filter.  Do I have any other options?

Reply #107
The Mustang cold air kits go the opening that would be where your windshield washer box seems to be. Have you looked behind it? the hole might be there.
(by the way, where did ya get the cool remote battery posts?)
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #108
The remote battery posts came from summit.  They are very large and I had to put on beefy terminals to fit them.  Stock battery terminals would not fit around them.  There is no other hole on my car.  The hole you see in the pic is where my cold air came from originally so I was wanting to reuse this hole.  I guess I will have to make something.  I thought I saw a car with the cold air intake running to that location before, but maybe I was wrong about that.

Reply #109
Looking good, keep up the good work!! ;)
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #110
nice,

good luck with the CAI, there a ton of kits out there you will just have to find the one that suits you, or pick up some pipe and make your own!

Reply #111
If i'm not mistaken. Only 86 and up fox bodys had the hole in the passenger inner fender.  All the 85 down foxes I have seen dont have it.
One 88

Reply #112
I got everthing together and drove the car to work on thursday and today.  The engine and tranny are working very well.  The power steering pump that I put on from the 87 cougar is not working right so I bought a rebuilt one today to replace it with.  The car won't warm up so I am replacing the thermostat as well. 

The only problems I am having that I am not sure about is my speedometer is not functioning and I can't adjust my clutch enough to get it farther away from the floor.  It's in a safe range but I would like to bring it out some more so it's easier to operate.  I think I will have to buy an adjustable cable so I can get some more length out of it.  As it is now I had to screw out my firewall adjustment jus to get it off the floor.

I still need to move my fuel filter so I can put some exhaust in (still not sure what to put in there)  and pick out some guages (have not idea what brand to get) so I can monitor my engine. I am thinking tack, oil, temp, and volts/amps.

Also when I rev the engine and lmmediately let off the throttle I can hear pretty loud popping and cracking.  What is causing that?  valves, timing, tune up stuff, or just not having backpressure without the exhuast on?