Skip to main content
Topic: 1985 T-Bird Exhaust (Read 1206 times) previous topic - next topic

1985 T-Bird Exhaust

As it sits: dual factory cats side by side
after the cats it goes into a Y (tranny region), single exhaust on the driver side some next to drive shaft
fuel pump and lines run down the passenger side

My goal is to get true dual 2.5" to the back of the car.  I doubt side by side 2x 2.5's would work down by the drive shaft because they'd end up rubbing the shaft
I don't mind it exiting on the drivers side only, in fact Borla makes a nice side by side dual turbo
I'm wondering if I could have one pipe ride on top of the other through the drive shaft corridor

Or, has someone come up with better solutions?

1985 T-Bird Exhaust

Reply #1
I relocated my pump and lines to run duals. You could run a 3" single I suppose if you wanted to avoid relocating the pump and lines.
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

1985 T-Bird Exhaust

Reply #2
where did you locate the lines and pump to?  The pump isn't as problematic as the lines because it can go about anywhere, but those lines concern me...

1985 T-Bird Exhaust

Reply #3
I moved the pump and filter to in front of the fuel tank above the rear end.  Used some fittings and high pressure line from the parts store to do the relocation and then wrapped the lines in heat shield and install the exhaust.  My '83 was like this for over 5 years and never had an issue.  That was over 20 years ago so no pictures of the relocation.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

1985 T-Bird Exhaust

Reply #4
Quote from: Aerocoupe;459751
I moved the pump and filter to in front of the fuel tank above the rear end.  Used some fittings and high pressure line from the parts store to do the relocation and then wrapped the lines in heat shield and install the exhaust.  My '83 was like this for over 5 years and never had an issue.  That was over 20 years ago so no pictures of the relocation.

Same here. Just no heat wrap.
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing: