Skip to main content
Topic: Hacked up H-Pipe? (Read 870 times) previous topic - next topic

Hacked up H-Pipe?

While i was at the Boneyard I noticed sitting inside the gutted interior of a 5.0 '90 or so mustang~Was the remains of the factory dual exhaust setup.
Problem is... They ALWAYS hack into the exhaust, And remove the cats before the carshiznit the yard.
So they are cut right after where the cats would be.

I'm interested in the H-Pipe, But with it cut up~Should i still be thinking about buying this? Would it be an easy or inexpensive fix at a shop? should i just go aftermarket?

If i bought it, It would cost roughly 1 dollar a foot.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Hacked up H-Pipe?

Reply #1
Don't buy it,just buy a good used one from Ebay,the Corral,here.You can get them cheap,and complete.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Hacked up H-Pipe?

Reply #2
Alright, Thanks Vinnie.

Wasn't sure if i should jump on it or not.
All the "performance stuff" factory or not gets eaten up around here, So it's unusual that i even see anything like this, haha. :hick:

But yesterday at the junkyard~
A guy driving a forklift would bring a "new" car out to the lot, And have literaly 5+ guys chasing after him.
As soon as he would set it down they would start tearing through it. :rollin:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Hacked up H-Pipe?

Reply #3
The Lincoln Mark VII H-Pipe will also fit as well.But,as I said,if you check Ebay,they are pretty cheap for used ones.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Hacked up H-Pipe?

Reply #4
Here's a new one for a good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Summit-640725-Crossover-Pipe-H-Pipe-Ford-Mustang-5-0L_W0QQitemZ330360715162QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4ceb08779a&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245