Skip to main content
Topic: Taurus Heater Panel (Read 1993 times) previous topic - next topic

Taurus Heater Panel

For those of you who have installed a taurus heater panel, what did you hook up to the temperature control . There is a plug with 3 little pins on the back of the temp control  and I am not sure what to hook up to it.

Re: Taurus Heater Panel

Reply #1
You need the Taurus heater module that has the cable, not the plug. :)
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #2
Here's what the back of mine looks like. Blower on right side of pic, vacuum on left side and cable hookup in middle. :)
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #4
Oh well I guess I have the wrong one. At least it only cost $5.

Reply #5
I think there were variants of the panel concerning the light plug. I remember just plugging the stock harness into the panel, no jumper harness needed, on my old '86. For the convertible I think there was a jumper harness (think that came from the donor car). In any case, something stock-ish plugs into that for the illumination. Try your stock harness first and if it doesn't work, you might just need to make a trip back to the boneyard for some scouring in the Taurus/Sable area.

Reply #6
I was thinking, maybe he had one with the electronic tempature  :dunno: . When I was looking for mine, alot of them didn't have cables, pulled apart many Taurus' finding the right one..LOL :)
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #7
Yeah I have the one with the electronic temp control. I was looking at the slider in my car and the electronic one on the taurus heater panel and thinking this isn't going to work.