Skip to main content
Topic: Are SC seats a direct swap? (Read 1892 times) previous topic - next topic

Are SC seats a direct swap?

What I mean is will the SC seats mount to the TC seat brackets?  I know you would probably lose some functionality such as the power bolsters, but will they physically bolt to the tracks?

Thanks.

Re: Are SC seats a direct swap?

Reply #1
They may bolt to the tracks but they are too wide to fit in the car.  They're very similar to Taurus SHO seats.

Reply #2
Quote from: Ifixyawata
They may bolt to the tracks but they are too wide to fit in the car.  They're very similar to Taurus SHO seats.

Are you sure about that?  I honestly have no idea, but I swear I remembered someone on the old board saying they put SC seats in.  I just couldn’t remember whether you needed the SC tracks or if TC tracks would work.

If they won’t fit I’ve got some real nice tan leather SC seats to get rid of.

Reply #3
theyre too wide, they wont fit in the car

my dad has an 89 thunderbird, and the stock seats are hella wider than my turbo coupe seats
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #4
Yep,too wide.I tried it and found out the hard way.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
maby you were thinkin of lincoln mark 7 LSC seats. they are similar....pretty nice imho
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~