Skip to main content
Topic: Retaining Factory Amp (Read 3345 times) previous topic - next topic

Retaining Factory Amp

I have been tring to install an aftermarket cd player in my Mark and would like to retain the factory amp. I got the Scosche wiring harness, got all that junk hooked up, except for the 1 red wire that was bolted to the back of the factory stereo. I'm pretty sure that it is just a ground, but when I ground it I get no sound, but if I leave it disconnected to anything, I get power and sound, but it will cut out when turned up a littlle loud. I have no idea what to do with the red wire, I know it is a common ground system, and I think I used this on my 20th back when I was in high school  http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/151/sfID2/159/productID/999 and I got it working with that, I just don't remember what I did with the red wire that was bolted to the back of the factory radio..... Would I connect that to the black wire coming out of the scosche interface in the link?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #1
I didnt use any contraption like that when I hooked up my aftermarket deck in my Mark 7 But my car was an 88 I think the wiring is different .
 So I dont think I can help .
Fox-less at the moment

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #2
Did you have the red wire bolted to the back of the stock radio?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #3
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;337649
Did you have the red wire bolted to the back of the stock radio?

Nope , the 84-87 is a common ground system the later ones are not

sorry
Fox-less at the moment

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #4
Just a thought , did you try reducing the gain on your adapter thingy
Fox-less at the moment

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #5
Ah, I did not know that. Well, I bought the interface anyhow, we will se how it goes...
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #6
Quote from: hypostang;337651
Just a thought , did you try reducing the gain on your adapter thingy

I was trying to install it without the adapter, I have the adapter now, hooking up wires as I type ;)
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #7
There is an audio section on that other forum I told you about
You may find some help there
Fox-less at the moment

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #8
Didn't find much there for an 87 mark.... 

I know there is a non factory amp connector in thunderbirds and cougars - but I can't seem to find one for the Mark..... That would be the way to go LOL
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #9
Do you have the big JBL amp? If so I have a harness to by pass it that you can have
Fox-less at the moment

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #10
I'm really not sure, I know it has premium sound, but don't know if it's the JBL system or not. Do you have a part number or link to where I can see what the bypass look like?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #11
this is the bypass unit
Fox-less at the moment

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #12
And that hooks up to the amp?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #13
no it by-passes the factory JBL amp
Fox-less at the moment

Retaining Factory Amp

Reply #14
Where does it plug in? Or does it plug into the speaker harness inside the dash to bypass the amp?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII