Skip to main content
Topic: Long Term File Hosting Recommendations (Read 406 times) previous topic - next topic

Long Term File Hosting Recommendations

Not sure if this the right place to ask but here goes anyway.
Does anybody have any recommendations for long term file hosting?
I have a few foxbody service related materials scanned up and i wanted to make them available to others that may need it but its been well over a decade since i even had to think about file hosting.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost

Re: Long Term File Hosting Recommendations

Reply #1
I have very limited experience with these types of hosting so please take this with a grain of salt.

If the files are not that big, I would probably put them in my Google Drive file although since sharing with strangers would maybe make another email address sub of my primary account.  My wife recently did something similar for a family calendar.  then I would just share with a link to that file on Drive.

1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Re: Long Term File Hosting Recommendations

Reply #2
We have a few that have been shared through a Google drive file, I believe one was provided by you.

I recently have gotten back into computers, mostly server and storage related. Eventually I want to get to the point of hosting files and information for these cars.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com