Skip to main content
Topic: Where is the best place to order 5.0 motor mounts for a 88 Cougar XR7 to upgrade (Read 1775 times) previous topic - next topic

Where is the best place to order 5.0 motor mounts for a 88 Cougar XR7 to upgrade

need to know where to order some upgraded 5.0 motor mounts and if the mustang ones will work???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Where is the best place to order 5.0 motor mounts for a 88 Cougar XR7 to upgrade

Reply #1
Quote from: Carpimp1987;210290
need to know where to order some upgraded 5.0 motor mounts and if the mustang ones will work???

Hi and welcome to our board its always nice to see new members asking questions about modding their fox tbird/cougar you might have not seen this in your searching yet but for mounts you are best using chuckw........... wait what the..... you joined 2 years ago!! come on man you been here 2 years and don't know where to get 5.0 mounts! wtf! :beatyoass:

LOL sorry had to do that... :shakeass:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
the mustang ones will not work im pretty sure that 85.5+ was unique k-member which used some different components but yes chuck W mounts should work.

Reply #3
Is this for the XR7 you say has a tubular K-member? If so you'll almost certainly need Mustang mounts, as I doubt it's got a T-Bird specific K-member in it...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #4
so if i get the tublar k -member swapped on to the car before i buy it then mustang ones might work? I know chuck W makes all kinds of stuff but just asking what aftermarket place has them ready to order to fit the XR7.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #5
Unless you get a tubular K-member specific to 85.5-88 T-Bird/Cougar you'll need Mustang mounts.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #6
Good to know thank you for all your help.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #7
There are no such thing as "ready to order" aftermarket motor mounts for these cars. If there were, Chuck wouldn't have to make them
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #8
i know Chuck does a great job sorry heres the K-member for the cougar. plus maybe a little extra work but he said he might If I have the time I might remove the lower control arms and spindles and take them to work and media blast and paint them as well before i go pick up the car.

But the probelm is with this part i was asking if i needed the mustang ones to go with the part.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=400026+304060+115&autoview=sku
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #9
If you use a Mustang K-member(aftermarket or stock) you will need Mustang motor mounts.  Simple enough.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #10
Ok that being said Chuck W what might be the best mustang motor mounts for the price??? your the guy to ask right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #11
Dunno...I don't pay attention to Mustang 5.0 motor mounts....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #12
Quote from: Chuck W;210881
Dunno...I don't pay attention to Mustang 5.0 motor mounts....

LMAO
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #13
Someone get the spoon, gotta feed him information.

Open up a summit catalog, they have a dedicated mustang section.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #14
I got Steeda.com so i think there $120-130 or so gotta go website hoping.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]