Skip to main content
Topic: Attention all forum members, please read. Problem solved, but still important! (Read 43112 times) previous topic - next topic

Attention all forum members, please read. Problem solved, but still important!

Reply #30
Yup, reporting for duty. Very valuable place, must be protected.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #31
Hey guys, thanks for all the offers and support. I don't have much time right now - I had to work late, and am barely even awake right now. ed winter tire season makes it crazy at work. I'll answer a few posts here for now:
Quote from: V8Demon;439051
I have zero issue donating.  How hard would it be to migrate to a different server?  That price seems high.  My site was about 100 a year....
We were hosted on a cheaper site before, and ended up having the forum shut down because even though we were well under the advertised storage space and bandwidth, apparently our forum was hogging server resources. That host (GoDaddy) wanted us to move to a dedicated server, which at the time was thousands of dollars a year. Our current host specializes in forum hosting, so resource hogging isn't an issue, though price certainly is.
Quote from: jrad235;439059
I'm up to donate whatever is needed(Again) but the price they are charging does seem high, for us to go through that cash in 4 Years?

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?29824-If-you-can-read-this-I-thank-you

Let me know where you need it sent to and once we are out of the red we can get going on migrating to a different host.

I too was surprised that we already blew through the paid period, but I guess at nearly $500 for two years, plus the vBulletin software, it adds up. The biggest problem right now is time. I wish they would have at least given us 30 days notice, but they instead gave us 14 days. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that on purpose, to prevent "shopping around".

Quote from: Aerocoupe;439074
Get er dun!  Ha ha ha!!!  Had not seen Tom post yet so I figured I would chime in for him.  I think the funds will not be a problem by any means but I do have one other thought, why are we only paying for two years?  Can we get any kind of a deal for say five years or is that a no no in the tech world?  Only draw back I could see is if the company that is hosting the site just disappeared.

Darren

When we first moved to this host I made a special deal for extended time. They only offered one year at a time and were reluctant to go longer. I haven't had the chance to shop around other hosts, but at $500 for two years I'm kind of reluctant to go longer myself right now.

I was also caught off guard because just a couple of weeks ago I received an invoice from URLJet saying everything was paid up (I got one of these invoices a year for the past few years, always showing paid):
X
Then yesterday I got this one, showing not paid:
X
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #32
I would be game to donate as well but I just picked up another 87 thunderbird so cash is limited at the moment :(

this place cannot close, we have too much time and info invested to let it all go.

Reply #33
im in
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #34
No worries, as a collective group here on the forum.......we got this.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #35
just post up the paypal acct # and we will fill er up.....
clock is ticking

Reply #36
matter of fact,,,if it needs done, I'll collect it and do the online payment

I will accept payments at revisedelf@yahoo.com
start sending.....

thunderchicken, at this juncture, I can tell this is a burden you have carried so long and I understand if its become a pain.  lets get the bill paid first , then focus on a transition to someone with the time to take this puppy over.
first priority is to keep this going.
second is to lighten your load if that becomes something you feel would help

I am 100% certain the funds will be available on time by cob 25oct giving you slack time to make the payment.
its a matter of me sending you the collected funds asap upon your request in one bulk motion.

Reply #37
Count me in. But i do not have Pay Pal. How can i help. I have a VISA burning a hole in my pants. just let me know how to get you some coin.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #38
Tom,
your paid, ill cover yours because you easily forget you took very good care of me once.... so your first to pay,, how about that~!

Reply #39
I don't know if it helps explain at all, but there are two different charges, one for your domain name, the other for the hosting space.  I have about a dozen domain names, and you pay for quality, liked urljet.  Sucks that this is last minute, tho.

I'm still game to donate.
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...

Reply #40
Quote from: vinnietbird;439101
No worries, as a collective group here on the forum.......we got this.

X

Reply #41
I'm in for the long haul.  Don't want to see a good thing go away.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Reply #42
Where do I donate. There is way to much good information on this fourm to let it go. Plus this is one of if not the best fourm I have ever been a member of. So many people willing to help each other without any bashing when simple questions are asked. Again where do I donate?
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #43
With 211 "ACTIVE" members and figuring only 100 of us donating $5 bucks, this is a no brainer...$500 bucks easy. Now, I'm guessing most guys would gladly throw in $20 which makes it real easy in that you only need 25 guys.

So lets get going on setting up a means of donating.  :beatyoass:

Mark
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Reply #44
I have no paypal, but money order will be sent when and where ever needed.

Let us know.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com