Skip to main content
Topic: Praying for parts..... (Read 2672 times) previous topic - next topic

Praying for parts.....

I was driving my wife to the animal shelter a couple of hours ago and passed a local salvage yard. What do I see up near the fence? An 87/88 Thunderbird. It was white with the stock spoke hubcaps. My guess is a V-6 car. I couldn't get a good look, and I don't know if they are selling the whole car, or parts. Hopefully parts, because after fixing up the Escape, and buying a load of misc parts for the Sport's re-construction after paint (and my Lay-a-Way to a fellow member here), my car funds are LOW. Very low. I'll go by there Tuesday on my day off when they open and see what I can see, and if they are selling parts from it, I'll grab what I can and post here.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Praying for parts.....

Reply #1
Just got home. Got two very nice tail lights. All of the door seals looked brand new. The trunk to cowl seal and the header panel to hod seal. Also got the complete lock set and keys. The coil cover and two trunk panels I needed. The rear window trim (one piece) was there and in tact. I left it. It also had a mint blue interior, manual seats and roll up windows. He isn't cheap, but those parts are minty. The seats look almost new. Standard car, no options. V-6 equipped. I did get most of what I needed, so i can't complain. The manual seat track looked nearly new as did everything inside. The dash was crack free.............he is crazy high on prices. I am glad to have gotten what I did and made it out with enough for a cheap burger.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Praying for parts.....

Reply #2
I called him back....$50 for the seat track, and $100 for the uncracked dash. I'll go get the dash as soon as I have funds again....

Praying for parts.....

Reply #3
that's cheap for the dash and track... I have seen the tracks sell for triple that and uncracked dashes are nearly unheard of
Currently Birdless but never Foxless

86 Mustang GT

Praying for parts.....

Reply #4
I have no idea what the track is worth. The dash I'd probably keep for myself to use in the future if necessary.

Praying for parts.....

Reply #5
vinnie, what do you want for the doors? ill make it worth your while  I'm trying to get rid of my power stuff, and parts are hard ti find.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Praying for parts.....

Reply #6
No idea. The whole doors, or the guts? I can call him and ask.

Praying for parts.....

Reply #7
The car looks as though it may have been garage kept. The interior is blue, no fading. Perfect headliner, basic sunvisors, and basic dome light. It was crazy to look over and see door panels with black hand cranks. I have only seen that once on a 4 eyed car, never on an '88 model.

Praying for parts.....

Reply #8
id prefer the whole door, but I might settle for guts. call him and throw me back a number? I don't get scared too easily.
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Praying for parts.....

Reply #9
The doors are white. Looks like it had a quality repaint at one time. I will call home tomorrow and report in after work (around 8pm).

Praying for parts.....

Reply #10
thanks vinnie.

I'm stuck in California waiting for my bucket truck to get fixed. I was driving home from Oregon and a rock went through the radiator.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Praying for parts.....

Reply #11
$300 for the pair.  I talked to him today. Great doors, no rust. minty door panels.tight. White in color. It looked to me like the car had been VERY well cared for. The door panels, and all of it are minty. I did take the seals on the bottom for myself yesterday along with the locks. The rest....awesome. I dare you to find better.

Praying for parts.....

Reply #12
what would it take to get them to Utah? manual mirrors by chance?
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Praying for parts.....

Reply #13
Electric mirrors. So I stand corrected, it was a one option car. As far as shipping, I have no idea how much or what it would take. If you buy the doors, I can put them on a pallet gently and ship them, but until I have the doors, I have no idea what it would cost.

Praying for parts.....

Reply #14
shoot me a pm with your information. ill send a money order for $300 for the doors, then get me a ballpark on shipping
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.