Skip to main content
Topic: "New" wheels (Read 2831 times) previous topic - next topic

"New" wheels

Reply #15
They look awesome. By far the best looking factory wheel next to the turbines.

"New" wheels

Reply #16
i might have a rim for the edge and maybe a center cap. i have one of those rims on my bird. let me know and you can have it for shipping.

i personally dont like those wheels because they look like hubcaps to me but much, much better than the spoke caps.
1986 Cougar LS

"New" wheels

Reply #17
Looking good Nathan I might also have a beauty ring for those I'll have to look and ask around. I'll see what I can come up with

"New" wheels

Reply #18
Definitly a good deal.  I paid 80 dollars for my steelies with tires.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

"New" wheels

Reply #19
thanks scott and 84fila! ill check it out when we go and get tires next!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

"New" wheels

Reply #20
Looks good. Have you though about painting the Cat head body color? I never got why Ford made the optional Cougar wheel a 14" ploycast wheel but on the T-birds you could get a 14" aluminium wheel. Why didn't they make a 14" aluminium wheel option for Cougars too?

Oh and on a side note a Ford dealer near me has a set of mint 83-84 T-bird polycast wheels fro sale. They are N.O.S. and he only wants 20 bucks for all of 'em! Nobody wants them though. He tried to sell them to me but I decided to stick with my 8 holes :grinno:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

"New" wheels

Reply #21
Yeah, I have thought of that, I just wanted to get the two I could on the car as quick as possible. Also I still need another center cap. Honestly, until I painted them I thought they were aluminum, but I was proven wrong. I absolutely despise wire wheels covers, only reason Im keeping them is to still have all of the original parts.

Thunderjet302-What are the wheels that are for sale near you?
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

"New" wheels

Reply #22
...I would assume........Cooper makes them? lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cougarsmily:

"New" wheels

Reply #23
Quote from: cougrrr302;107377
Yeah, I have thought of that, I just wanted to get the two I could on the car as quick as possible. Also I still need another center cap. Honestly, until I painted them I thought they were aluminum, but I was proven wrong. I absolutely despise wire wheels covers, only reason Im keeping them is to still have all of the original parts.

Thunderjet302-What are the wheels that are for sale near you?

They look like the ones on this car. I don't like them:pbb:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

"New" wheels

Reply #24
Oh the Polycast wheels...yeah tell him he can keep them haha.

Update: Started painting the Cougar head in the center cap, soon attempting to paint the inner spoke body color.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit