Skip to main content
Topic: sequential taillights in a turbo coupe (Read 7932 times) previous topic - next topic

sequential taillights in a turbo coupe

Reply #15
Thunderchicken.....You don't sale the sequentials anymore???
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Reply #16
Quote from: 86caprirs;321632
Thats for the 60's/70's stuff that already has the sequential flasher on them and have since broken. This is just the electronic replacement.

:disappoin
....read it again...

I quote:

"
The TS-1 Sequential Turn Signal Universal  Conversion kit is an electronic system to provide sequential flashers  for automobiles that did not come with factory sequencing taillights.  Vehicles to be converted should have three taillights per side that have  both a tail and brake light filament in each bulb."

And if you still don't believe me........

http://www.coolcats.net/modifying/sequential.html

....."Cougars Unlimited - One of the first mass-produced,  modern era kits. Owner Victor personally builds each one and makes sure  that every one flashes correctly for both sides. Basically it's a  foolproof design: if you accidentally hook up the system wrong, it won't  short out. This is the kit we used because it was the best available at  the time. The kit has recently had a huge price increase, though; at  last check it was around $140 US with shipping. Still, it's an excellent  quality kit and we can also recommend it.                                                       

If you're thinking about using the  newer Mustang sequential kit sold by Classic  Design Concepts and others, don't waste your time. The newer  Mustangs have totally different wiring setups than our cars. Plus, you  need to send in a Mustang harness for a core charge (which was $75 US at  last check). There is no practical way to adapt it to an older car like  yours. It's much, much better to go with one of the kits listed above."....

:p:p:p
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #17
Quote from: flipnbird;321683
Thunderchicken.....You don't sale the sequentials anymore???

Nope, I closed up shop last October. Income was not exceediung outgo, so a change needed to be made. Plus, eBay stopped being even remotely enjoyable.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #18
Quote from: sarjxxx;321597
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/C14-Sequencer-Turn-Signals-Universal-Conversion-kit-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ef2543734QQitemZ270353577780QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

this kit replaces your standard flasher with an electronic that is timed to work specifically with the kit

$160 for this nothing? Can't believe! Value of this kit isn't higher than $25 in parts, so maybe $50 total.

I did it, it WORKS with LEDs and doesn't need any load resistor. And this resistor costs $1, not $15.

Reply #19
Quote from: Everybody
:flame:
Jesus Christ! I'm just saying "hey, its out there, it works, eric proved it. its a possible solution." I'm not saying "Hey! Go buy this incredibly overpriced ebay special that nobody wants" :toilet:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #20
i used the webelectricproducts.com kit on both my 87 and 88, i have had the best luck with them.

Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird Turbo Coupe
1989 Cougar XR7
1995  Ranger Splash

Reply #21
Quote from: BJL;323972
i used the webelectricproducts.com kit on both my 87 and 88, i have had the best luck with them.

does it work with the brake lights to though?
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Reply #23
Know what's weird? I got one of the webelectricproducts kits and it came with a lifesaver mint :p
1988 Thunderbird Sport