Skip to main content
Topic: Looks like the ECOBOOST delivers.... (Read 2555 times) previous topic - next topic

Looks like the ECOBOOST delivers....

http://jalopnik.com/5264270/ecoboost-goes-drag-ford-flex-lincoln-mks-hit-the-strip

Would you believe the Flex, with all of it's 4500 lbs of heft and the aerodynamics of a brick wall managed a 14.5 second run at 98 MPH?....

It's a very strange thing to stage a quiet, luxurious, $48,000 Lincoln next to snarling, barely-road legal Mustangs and GTO's, but we made our way to the front of the line.  The unassumingly Lincoln then proceeded to return a 14.1 second quarter mile with a trap speed of 104.4 MPH. When we parked, there were quite a few more people interested in what was under the hood. Ours wasn't even the fastest time of the evening. Later in the evening, when the temperature had dropped and the cars had cooled down, former Jalopnik hack and Car & Driver man about town Mike Austin managed a 13.9 second run at 104 MPH.

For VERY little money in modifications, you can smoke a stock Mustang all day long it would seem.  Someone put a decent driver in that Lincoln and turn up the boost!  :burnout:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1
I want me a SHO :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
I would think that motor would have to make its way into the Mustang at some point.  Maybe a new style SVO?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #3
One would imagine....

If rumors of a direct injection 5.0 DOHC with 400+ HP are true for 2012, I may do a trade in...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
Theres also rumors that the EcoBoost will be making some very happy V6 Mustang owners as well.

An SHO for me please! :D

Reply #5
Quote from: V8Demon;274958
One would imagine....

If rumors of a direct injection 5.0 DOHC with 400+ HP are true for 2012, I may do a trade in...

Me too...the way things are going I am going to be getting outrun by stock SHO's and V6 Mustangs.  Not to mention the new v6 Camaro's with 300+ hp!  Now my 300 hp 4.6 doesnt seem like such a powerhouse.;)
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #6
i can't wait to see the aftermarket for it. too bad there won;'t be any turbocoupes in the near future. i'd buy one.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily: