Skip to main content
Topic: Need H-Pipe Hanger (Read 1444 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Need H-Pipe Hanger

Reply #30
This system fits together pretty well.  It's all made by MAC, save for the headers, and there are no leaks when I use the stock H-pipe bracket.  The only thing I'm worried about when I get the correct bracket is the driver side downpipe pressing against the shifter arm under there.  There isn't much margin for error on that side.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #31
In that case you'll probably need to shave down that bracket a little. Either that, or mark the H-pipe, take it to an exhaust shop and have them dimple the pipe in that area. Or maybe both. You won't know until you know. :)

Reply #32
jkirchman, to make up for the misunderstanding the other day. Here is some pics of an h-pipe hanger from an aod mustang, we did a aod to t5 swap on. Oh by the way the h-pipe was not hanging from the mount. I didn't mean I don't deal with the hangers, just I never use them, I just set the h-pipe rods on top of the cross member, works great. If this is the mount you are looking for, if you want I will trade you for the one you have, let me know.  Herb :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #33
Sorry about that Herb.  I was cranky from being underneath the car for so long without getting anything done.  Wasted time and energy.

That is exactly the mount I need.  Unfortunately I mangled the one I have trying to grind it and drill new holes in it in a futile attempt to make it work so you probably don't want it.  If you are willing to sell that one then I will gladly buy it from you.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #34
No problem, heck how does $15 shipped sound? :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #35
That sounds great.  Send me an email to let me know how I should pay.  jkirchman@hotmail.com
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #36
email sent, thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3