Skip to main content
Topic: Running rich when starts (Read 687 times) previous topic - next topic

Running rich when starts

My new bird runs like total  when I start it when it is cold. I havent even worked on it yet (enginewise). I will do a tune up on it and the kid I bought it from has some messed up boostvalve hooked to the boost switch (some manual style junk). I know the good ones do away with the Boost Switch. Is that correct,I have alot of messed up stuff to fix,because the kid was a total douchbag. :flame:
1987 T-bird SportCoupe,302,5spd,8.8,3.27s,pbr brakes,spindles,2003 rear,18inch 06 gt rims!!!!:evilgrin:
2006 Gt Mustang,3v,5spd,8.8,3.55s,GT500rims.
1990 T-bird LX,3.8,aod,loaded,stock!!
1999 Trailblazer(wifes rig)

Running rich when starts

Reply #1
heres a solution to all your problems, give it to me!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Running rich when starts

Reply #2
maybe I can find some time to come and help you with this new addition :evilgrin:  I might even be able to find some parts to throw your way for it

Running rich when starts

Reply #3
Welcome to 2.3T life. mines runs like doo whens its cold too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Running rich when starts

Reply #4
Do a tune up and run codes first.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Running rich when starts

Reply #5
Yeah the check engine light comes on and off all the time. And it blows oil out the breather's too. I fixed all the vac lines and changed the rack today,since it was shot,and the car came with another one.
I hope it does not have severe blowby because that would suck. I will run the codes this weekend,iat,ect possibly. Ill keep ya'll posted.
1987 T-bird SportCoupe,302,5spd,8.8,3.27s,pbr brakes,spindles,2003 rear,18inch 06 gt rims!!!!:evilgrin:
2006 Gt Mustang,3v,5spd,8.8,3.55s,GT500rims.
1990 T-bird LX,3.8,aod,loaded,stock!!
1999 Trailblazer(wifes rig)