Skip to main content
Topic: All Ford-Lincoln & Mercury Indoor Carshow (Pics) (Read 5781 times) previous topic - next topic

All Ford-Lincoln & Mercury Indoor Carshow (Pics)

A sneak preview....with more still to be posted later folks. :headbang:

p.s. Sorry about the fuzzy pics again. :(

Reply #1
Love those all FoMoCo shows!! The Cat is looking sharp, as usual. I assume you are waiting until tomorrow to pop the hood?
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #2
Quote from: FLSTCI71;305364
Love those all FoMoCo shows!! The Cat is looking sharp, as usual. I assume you are waiting until tomorrow to pop the hood?
Thanks Mike , I did have the hood up for a little while so yes it will be raised and our green eyes lit as well. ;)

Reply #3
I feel embarrassed, but I fail to recognize that yellow car.
1987 TC

Reply #4
Quote from: HAVI;305373
I feel embarrassed, but I fail to recognize that yellow car.

That yellow car is a Torino 2dr hardtop which has been "Cobra-ized". No such model actually existed from 1972-76.  It's hard to tell the exact year by the pictures but it has the 1974-76 header panel, grille and taillamps, but obviously the roadrail tie bumpers are replaced front and back with a 1972 style lower front apr0n pan modified to fit and the 1972-73 only rear apr0n pan. The rear quarter panels feature rear side marker lights in addition to the wraparound taillamp. By factory spec, they were never used together like that  The rear side markers are 1972-73 only. The wraparound tallamps were new for 1974 and included the rear markers in them. If the rear quarters are original then it could be a 1972-73 model with the 74-76 nose and taillamps in place.

Reply #5
I like both of the Torinos......a lot.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
Here is the rest of Our Photos from this Carshow fellas. :D

http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/uu309/Mercury-man/Washington%20Sq%20Mall%202/ 

Dan & Paula ;)

Reply #8
Quote from: mercury-man;305723
Here is the rest of Our Photos from this Carshow fellas. :D

http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/uu309/Mercury-man/2010%20Washington%20Sq%20Mall/ 

Dan & Paula ;)

Looks like a nice show. Great selection of cars.

They are all great but a -few- standouts (beside yours!):D that caught my eye.

>Mustang II drag car, looks like a screamer!
>Bullet Bird, I'm liking that body style more and more
>There's that removable fastback/convertible Mustang! Neat!!!
>Talledaga, rare piece
>Cleeeeeean 65 Mustang coupe w/pony interior
>68 Mustang GT, Big block????

red mach..white mach..birds...trucks..cars with shakers...Mercs...old...new...love 'em all!:D

Thanks!!!

(Get a better camera next time tho'):hick:
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #9
Wow, when you guys put on an indoor show, you really go all out. Beautiful cars (and trucks)!! Do you know what the scoop is on the silver bird (early 80's) with the stripe? That could really be a cool car, but I am just not feeling the stripe and roof treatment.

Reply #10
Quote from: FLSTCI71;305761
Wow, when you guys put on an indoor show, you really go all out. Beautiful cars (and trucks)!! Do you know what the scoop is on the silver bird (early 80's) with the stripe? That could really be a cool car, but I am just not feeling the stripe and roof treatment.
Thanks Mike , I have no more info about that bird...and some how when I take those pics the owners are never around to talk with friend. :D

Reply #11
Quote from: mercury-man;305763
Thanks Mike , I have no more info about that bird...and some how when I take those pics the owners are never around to talk with friend. :D

Well, of course, the owners of the other cars weren't around when you were taking pics of their cars. They were all standing around drooling over YOUR car! :bowdown:

Reply #12
TOE.....REE....NO !!!!!!  All of them.I love 'em.I saw a few others I liked a lot,but I have a personal history with Torinos.My dad has a '70 with a shaker hood scoop and a factory 428 Cobra Jet.It came with a 429 SCJ,but it shelled out and they replaced it with a left over 428.The car is just mean.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #13
Gotta love the Torino. Would have a nice 70 black Cobra today but the price of $10K was too high many years back and as hard I tried couldn't close the deal. Long story short, the car was restored and at the time too much was spent on it.

A Torino is still on my wish list, but what year? Hmmm always liked the 68's too since I recall looking at a sweet 4 speed car for my first car. That idea didn't go over top well with my folks! :D
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #14
We landed a Top 25 Award today folks....:cool:

Dan & Paula ;)