Skip to main content
Topic: Ok what do u think (Read 2198 times) previous topic - next topic

Ok what do u think

So last week my wife rolled my excursion so as I sat down to think what to do with it and it hit me how sweet it would be to put the v10 in the predator and back it with a t56 I need to research this some more, what y'all think v10 t56 or stick with the 351w and t5
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok what do u think

Reply #1
A V10 would be cool I imagine you would have to make your own headers and motor mounts? But it could be done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Ok what do u think

Reply #2
definitely interesting.. can't say i personally would ever do it, but i'd love to see someone else do it
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Ok what do u think

Reply #4
Lol no actuly just a seat belt bruise it wasn't high speed but it was a 6 foot drop off in a ditch pluse the fact that it sat on 38's with a 8 inch lift I'm posting from my iPhone so as soon a I get to. A comp I'll post pix
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok what do u think

Reply #5
I'd keep the 351. Put a 6 speed behind that.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Ok what do u think

Reply #6
V10 = meant for heavy, slow moving trucks pulling large loads
cast crank, probably, and speed parts are neither cheap, nor common.

Everybody that can read and doesn't live in a cave knows what a Windsor engine can be made to do. If you've insurance money coming from the Expy, order some Canfield heads (think Cleveland) and build yourself a 351 Clevor...and never look at a v10 again, except in your mirrors...

To put in a V10 would be the 2000's equivalent of stuffing a stock truck 460 into your car...of course, add about 70-100 more pounds, and even then, everything will need to be custom built to make it fit, and you'll NEVER get that mod POS under a hood, let alone stock..lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Ok what do u think

Reply #7
The v-10's aren't bad motors, but they don't rev very high, and the wiring would be a nightmare. The 4.6 or 5.4 would be a better swap, but I know you already have the truck so yeah.

Just do a 351.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Ok what do u think

Reply #8
clevor has my vote.. my next dart block build will be topped off with aftermarket clevland heads and major psi supplied by a precision PT85 ;)
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Ok what do u think

Reply #9
Quote from: BEARMAX;374960
Lol no actuly just a seat belt bruise it wasn't high speed but it was a 6 foot drop off in a ditch pluse the fact that it sat on 38's with a 8 inch lift I'm posting from my iPhone so as soon a I get to. A comp I'll post pix

Glad your wife is ok. now on to my opinion.  I agree with Beau, the V10 may sound like something cool to stuff in there but will be very costly and probably wont give you the results you are looking for unless you just want to be able to say that your car is the only V10 cougar!  351w would be my choice as there are almost endless possibilities for aftermarket parts and accessories.

Ok what do u think

Reply #10
The only thing I think they make for the V10 to fit in a fox is the oil pan, so everything would have to be custom. Its not a bad idea, Its just a 5.4 with two more cylinders. What holds back the V10 is its wait and lack of preformance parts. I would think that with some good cams and some head work it would run pretty good. I always wanted to put a V10 in my old fullsize bronco.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Ok what do u think

Reply #11
My dads car has a 351w world manowar block with chi cleavland heads on it, it is bored and stroked to 454ci and it makes right at 780 or so to the flywheel fastest pass is 9.27 in the 1/4.
Cougar on a diet to suck gas and haul ass!

Cain, Pony Express Racing