Skip to main content
Topic: Supercharged 3.8l V6 swap! (Read 6322 times) previous topic - next topic

Supercharged 3.8l V6 swap!

Reply #30
A side note on what you said:

If you use the OE headers from a 96/97 bird they will not fit a fox car. --Spoken (typed) from experience.

I think the OE headers on a split port mustang are the same and they will not fit either. I say I think because they are definitely the same I'm just not sure exactly which year mustang they are on. There are ones from certain years that will fit. I still have to figure out which ones those are....
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #31
Sounds good to me guys. I was just wondering as I almost picked up an SC for $700 in Atlanta. Oh and you said megasquirt lol. Sorry had to.

Reply #32
lol.. you said megasquirt too hahah.. an SC isn't exactly a good car to hack up.. it's best to keep them in 1 piece, clean/fix them and restore to their show room condition, with some goodies of course.. SC's are worth more than the foxes, hands down.. it would be a real shame and disgrace to tear 1 to pieces that's still intact

Reply #33
Quote from: sarjxxx;346538
A side note on what you said:

If you use the OE headers from a 96/97 bird they will not fit a fox car. --Spoken (typed) from experience.

I think the OE headers on a split port mustang are the same and they will not fit either. I say I think because they are definitely the same I'm just not sure exactly which year mustang they are on. There are ones from certain years that will fit. I still have to figure out which ones those are....

i'd never run a fox bird/cat with a 3.8.. it just goes against the whole 'ford's last muscle car' persona

Reply #34
Yeah I decided against it. I miss my 1990 Cougar Xr7 with the sc v6 and 5 speed

Reply #35
they're starting to get rare.. too many people are hacking them up to supply parts for SC's

Reply #36
Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;346671
they're starting to get rare.. too many people are hacking them up to supply parts for SC's

I know its so sad.

Quote from: Eliminator;346669
Yeah I decided against it. I miss my 1990 Cougar Xr7 with the sc v6 and 5 speed
I want one so bad. In black of course.
Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;346663
an SC isn't exactly a good car to hack up.. it's best to keep them in 1 piece, clean/fix them and restore to their show room condition, with some goodies of course.. SC's are worth more than the foxes, hands down.. it would be a real shame and disgrace to tear 1 to pieces that's still intact
what you said
Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;346665
i'd never run a fox bird/cat with a 3.8.. it just goes against the whole 'ford's last muscle car' persona
I'll show you a muscle v6. just you wait.:beatyoass:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #37
Quote from: sarjxxx;346751
I'll show you a muscle v6. just you wait.:beatyoass:

a 3.8 could never withstand the abuse i'd throw at it.. my SC did after a few things were done, but wasn't enough after a while.. definitely can't satisfy me now, after building and driving the capri everyday lmao

Reply #38
Yes,, it has been done, by one user that we know of so far.
Check all threads posted by "spazpuppies"
I talked with him once a long long time ago, i think he's in DC or Philly area.  He doesnt come around much, he wasnt really welcomed or should i say believed about his swap as he was coming to ask for help on his problems.  He was complaining because everytime he touched the gas barely, he was doing burnouts (everyones orgasmic dream around here) but many people here gave him .  I think he slips in once in a while.

Chuck
A few years ago I talked to the MS guys at bowling iirc, and they were not completly ready to release the TFI ford version.  They had the Chevy market covered well though...has this changed and they have the TFI model ready?
I agree with you, the price of MS is far better than anything out there and you basically delete your entire EEC infrustructure.,,at the time is looked as though you could delete the entire harness.

Reply #39
from what i gather, your entire injection system goes out the window as far as the harness is concerned, some sensors as well.. i talked to a guy at a local speed shop who had replied to my thread on another forum, everything he said praised the MS1 and MS2 like it was sent down from heaven.. he answered every question i had about it and has me sold on it 150%

Reply #40
I cant find anything on spazpuppies on here.  Maybe his contributions were deleted.. it may have happened since we have changed hands twice since he was coming around.  I could have sworn i saw him logged on earlier this year.

Reply #41
well no shiznit,, thats what chuck was saying,, and we all have been for it for ever.
I stopped learning about it until the TFI system was ready for release, but apparently its ready or has no bearing anymore.
It does have a laptop interface as well from what I understood back then but for now, I will bow out because I am not a real user of the system,, just a guy who did have a good feeling about it a few years ago.  When I saw chuck mentioning it several months ago, i should have recalled my notes and looked back into it.  My white coug will be getting that system.

Reply #42
this is all i came up with in a search on DIYautotune.com..

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=tfi&simple=true&x=0&y=0

Reply #43
Quote from: jcassity;346995

Chuck
A few years ago I talked to the MS guys at bowling iirc, and they were not completly ready to release the TFI ford version.  They had the Chevy market covered well though...has this changed and they have the TFI model ready?
I agree with you, the price of MS is far better than anything out there and you basically delete your entire EEC infrustructure.,,at the time is looked as though you could delete the entire harness.

I started my old 88 Merkur for the first time with MS1 and TFI on 12/ 2004. (I just checked my records.)

You can tie in to an existing EECIV harness with an adapter board or re-wire totally.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/eeciv-adapter-board-kit-pcbv20-p-151.html