Skip to main content
Topic: Starting to get into the TC to HO wiring questons (Read 1080 times) previous topic - next topic

Starting to get into the TC to HO wiring questons

OK so I think that I have collected all of the necessary harnesses for the swap 87 TC, 87 5.0 harness, mustang engine harness (injector harness) and my first question of the day is

1. Is there any wiring in the second harness on the TC that will be removed? I ask this question because I still have the self test connector and the coil connector that comes through the second TC harness. The 5.0 harness that I have has both the self test and coil connector built into it.
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Starting to get into the TC to HO wiring questons

Reply #1
The turbo coil and self test wires will not be used so they can be left open. There is a number of wire changes that will need to be made for this project however. I have a video series that details the swap your doing including a large wiring and troubleshooting section. There's about 8 wires that must be interfaced to the turbos body harness to get the 5.0L harness to work.
Ken Collins, BadShoe Productions
How To Videos specializing in Ford powertrains